Need help with time conditions for a queue...

Discussion in 'General' started by oshkosh, Aug 19, 2010.

1. oshkosh

Hey everyone. I need some help with this, I'll explain my current set up with my hosted pbx and maybe someone can assist with how I accomplish this using my elastix box.

With my hosted PBX I have a queue for callers. In the config, there's a section where it asks for me to put in my operating hours so I put monday to friday 9am to 5pm. Then when I'm setting up recordings or IVR menus, there's one for busines hours and one for after hours.

For them, I have them play the exact same menu options. The only difference is that for business hours, pressing 2 for sales goes to my queue. If no one is logged into the queue, it goes to voicemail since join on empty is no. If someone is logged in, then it goes to the queue.

For after hours, the menu is the same except I have it set that if they press 2 for sales, it just automatically goes to a recording saying we're closed, then goes to voicemail.

How would I do that in asterisk/elastix? Basically I just want it so that if a user forgets to log out of the queue at 5pm when they go home, that it won't allow calls to go to the queue. I think my current setup with my hosted pbx is a bit overkill t should be easier to accomplish.

2. Awesomo

What you will want is to make a day and night ivr. The day IVR will send 2 directly to the sales queue. The night IVR should say something like "Thanks for calling xyz inc. we are currently closed, if you would like to leave a message in our general mailbox press 2, we will get back to you during our regular business hours"

Then you create a time group mon-fri 9am to 5pm force day. All other times and days (saturday and sunday) will be automatically forced to night.

Then apply that time group to a time condition. Apply that time condition to your inbound route.

Now the queue is totally taken out of the mix, and no-one will be able to direct themselves to it during night hours.

3. oshkosh

Thanks for your help that makes sense but for some reason isn't working maybe I'm missing something. Just to test it, I did a group:

Daytime: Start 9:01 Finish 17:01
    Week start Monday Week Finish Friday
    The rest I left blank.

Then I made a time condition:

Daytime Condition:
    Time Group: Daytime
    Associate with : No association
    Destination if time matches: IVR - Main menu
    Destination if time does not match: Phonebook directory (Just to test before making new IVR)

For some reason it doesn't work, when I call it just goes to the mainmenu IVR. It says server time 18:38 so it's definitely outside of the time condition, am I missing something? Not sure why it doesn't work.

4. Awesomo

You need to go to inbound routes and set the destination to the time condition.