need help with some issues

howlym

Hi, guys,

The Elastix system is running well in our company for almost 2 weeks, very stable and smooth, but there are couple issues still confuse me.

1. Parking Lot and BLF on Aastra phones
We have 13 aastra extensions, 10 9133i and 3 57iCT, I've configured 4 parking lot on the phones for us to share the lines info. Most of them work good with this feature, but RANDOM of them sometimes the BLF just wont light up to indicate there's a parked call in the parking lot, but we still can press that button or dial 701 to retrieve the call in the parking lot. And when this happen, a message will show up in asterisk console "Extension Changed 701[park-hints] new state Idle for Notify User 006 (queued)", I dont know why there's a "queued" in the tails of the message, but I am sure it's it that cause the issue. Some people said it's a bug of asterisk when I googled it, any idea?

2. Quick Pickup
I have couple ring groups in the system, and my boss's phone doesnt in these ring group cause my boss doesnt want incoming calls to bother him in weekdays. But is there any feature for him that can pickup incoming calls from his phone when nobody in the office, even though his phone doesn't ring at all?

3. Good way to share lines info other than Parking Lot feature?
In our old panasonic pbx system, line info is show directly on the phone panel, when I am using line1, other people can see this line is occurred on their phone, or I can hold the line then other people can press line1 to pickup the call, very convenient. Can IP phones do it like this?

I'll appreciate if anybody can help.

Stinger81

1) Sounds like a communication problem, where the extension can't be reached by the notify packet. Not sure though.

2) **Ext

3) You could use "shared line appearance", though some would disagree with me... ;)
With a good configured Asterisk box, you don't need a button for outside lines to dial. You'll get assigned a line when necessary.
Further, the parking lot would be the best replacement for the "on hold" you are used to.

howlym

lol, ok, shared line appearance

1)I just moved my elastix server from dmz to the LAN, it's ok now to notify parking message to all extensions.
2)I tried **ext, but it says "this feature is not available...", so I checked the feature code list in elastix, but that option is being checked.

Stinger81

2) Disable that feature and add the following code to extension_custom.conf in [from-internal-custom]:

[from-internal-custom]
exten => _**.,1,Pickup(${EXTEN:2})
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@ext-group)
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@ext-local)
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@from-trunk)
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@from-pstn)
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@from-internal)
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@from-did-direct)
Add a line for each other context you have.

howlym

Stinger81 said:
2) Disable that feature and add the following code to extension_custom.conf in [from-internal-custom]:

[from-internal-custom]
exten => _**.,1,Pickup(${EXTEN:2})
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@ext-group)
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@ext-local)
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@from-trunk)
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@from-pstn)
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@from-internal)
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@from-did-direct)
Add a line for each other context you have.
Hi, Stinger81, thanks for your help!

I tried your codes, it works only when I pickup a call that made within extensions. I can not pickup a call that is from outside trunk and belong to a ring group.

Another problem I just noticed today is call recordings, I found it only records calls that made directly by an extension or call to an extension. It looks like this: 001 receive an incoming call(being recording), 001 park the call, 002 pickup the call(not being recording).

Any idea? Does elastix record simultaneous calls in the same time?

Thanks

Stinger81

Ah, ring groups do cause problems with pick-up, I believe...
You might want to consider using queues, they do work fine...

I don't have an answer for your recording problem...

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehdii_igi