Need help with DID number setup

alprin

Hello everybody.

I'm trying to setup a DID number from didww.com on elastix v.2 server.

Here is quote from DID provider's guide:

Additional configuration is required on your Asterisk server, you should add the IP addresses of DIDWW as follows:
Go to the FreePBX administration page, click on the Trunks menu and add SIP trunks with the following settings:

USA 1:
Outgoing Settings

Trunk Name: didww_us

Incoming Settings
USER Context: from-didww1
USER Details:
dtmf=rfc2833
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=204.11.194.34
insecure=very
type=peer

context=from-trunk

etc for many servers
It is done without any tears. But then there is the following (last) step:

Please, make sure you have defined extensions within a context [from-didww] in extensions.conf, otherwise you need to add context="your context" in sip.conf under the created trunk above.
While looking at this files i found that they should be configured via web-gui. How can i make then requirement from provider? And if to edit this files manualy, how exactly i should make extention definition in extensions.conf?

Link for guide: http://www.didww.com/Knowledgebase/how_ ... d_numbers/

Regards,
Alexy

alprin

in addition im getting the following error in asterisk logs:

Code:
[Sep 17 03:54:35] WARNING[7953] pbx.c: Channel 'SIP/from-didww7-00000009' sent into invalid extension 'return' in context 'from-did-direct', but no invalid handler

pinazo

In the DIDWW control panel, create a mapping like this:
yourDIDnumber@yourpublicIPaddress or yourDIDnumber@yourDynDNSserver

After you have built the trunks (5 in total, one for each IP address of DIDWW), create an Inbound route for the DID

In Inbound routes, Add incoming route, just fill the DID number field, and choose the extension you want to ring.

Test it.
If it doesn't work, follow the "last step" you mentioned before.
To do it, enter in PBX, Tools, Asterisk file editor, and find extensions_custom.conf
At the bottom of the file, add that line (with your own DID and extension values).
For example, if your DID number is 536687921 and your extension is 208:
[from-didww]
exten=> 536687921,1,Dial(SIP/208,20,r)

Please let me know if it worked.
And remember you can see what's happening by entering into Repors / Asterisk Logs (and going to the end of the log)

alprin

Pinazo, thank you. i've made what you advised. But still i'm getting BUSY in DID-provider's logs and the following error in asterisk logfiles:
Code:
[Sep 17 11:27:46] WARNING[14553] pbx.c: Channel 'SIP/from-didww7-0000000e' sent into invalid extension 'return' in context 'from-did-direct', but no invalid handler
i don't understand this error with double mistake: 1) invalide extension and 2) but no invalid handler..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cristian.saiz