Need Help with Auto Attendant with Time Condition

Discussion in 'General' started by oneobserver, Oct 8, 2009.

1. oneobserver

Elastix 1.5.2-2.3
    Rhino Ceros Chassis
    Dual Ethernet
    No additional cards

When I first set this system up for these guys I had their main line setup on an inbound route that went to an extension that had a Polycom 601 phone on it. On that phone they would forward that extension to one of the two ladies that acted as receptionist. This lasted for about 2 weeks and they asked for a better way of handling this.

For version 2, I added a Time Condition 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM called Work Hours and changed the inbound route to deliver to this. If within Work Hours, inbound calls are routed to a Ring Group that has both extensions set in Hunt mode, First the primary lady and if not answered then the secondary lady with a CID Name prefix of "Main:". If not answered by either, the Ring Group's default destination is an IVR which allows the caller to dial an extension or use the DBN Directory. If outside of Work Hours, it routes straight to the IVR. If nothing is dialed in the IVR it drops to the Main Line VM Box for them to leave a message.

We tested this for two days using an extension rather than the main line and it worked flawlessly. After implementing it on the main line I tested it during that day and again after hours and it was working correctly. The following morning when it switched back to Work Hours, it went back to routing to the Ring Group, but instead of the default destination dropping through to the IVR from the Ring Group, it goes straight to the Main Line VM. I deleted and rebuilt the Ring Group and it worked for one day and then started dropping straight to VM instead of the IVR after one day again. I built a completely new Ring Group, and again, works for one day and then drops through to VM never seeing the IVR.

After hours is still working correctly with the IVR so I know it isn't broken.

They want the IVR expanded, but first I have to reliably get to the IVR. Can somebody help me debug this? I can provide screen shots if that will help, or access to the system if needed.

markh

2. oneobserver

Never found a solution to this problem. Ended up converting the Ring Group over to an ACD group so the two Receptionists could login and logout as they were on duty and the problem went away. Still believe that there is a serious problem in the ring group code, but don't have a clue how to debug it. For now, just staying away from ring groups...