Need help setting up Conference Manager

oneobserver

using Elastix Version: 1.5.2-2.3 Stable

I need some help setting up the Conference Bridge Manager. I tried following the steps in Elastix without Tears (Thanks for a great document!), but ran into a snag in the first step where it said to edit the meetme_additional.conf file and add the lines:

; Extensions for my meeting rooms
conf => 8200|

When I opened the file, it now says, so not edit this file as it is now auto-generated by Free-PBX. Also, in looking through the rest of the instructions I cannot see where 8200 is ever used again anywhere.

Given the immediate change in the setup, I did the following:

1) Created a new Conference 8200 Called General with a user and admin PIN and set and wait for leader.

2) Applied settings.

I can now access this conference by dialing 8200.

If I go into the Conference Manager, create a new conference, and make it's number 8200. It never shows up in the Conference Manager and cannot be managed. Also, all of the settings that I applied when I created it in the PBX interface override anything set in the conference manager. The later, I expected.

If I create a new conference with a new number, it appears in the manager when it's time arrives, but you cannot dial the number to login. I.E. it doesn't act like an extension.

What are the proper steps to set this up so you can manage conferences from the conference manager?

markh

So

oneobserver

Can somebody who has gotten this working, please give me a hand?

markh

oneobserver

Bump

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr