Need Help! New To This.

arche

Hello everyone, sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this but figured this might be the best place. Currently I am an IT Manager at a real estate office. Currently the company has a Panasonic D500 Digital Super Hybrid System with a Key Voice Technologies Voicemail system. The Voicemail system is on a old i386 computer which is running DOS. The computer itself is going down and I need to replace the voicemail system before it dies.

The Computer has three Dialogic Dialog 4 Dialog/4 boards. Comdial (who owns key voice technoligies software) bascially will not help without upgrading to there software. I would rather use Elastix software but am a little lost as to how to go about setting this up. Can I use the Dialogic boards or can I buy the TDM800P and have it work with the Panasonic D500. The only problem is the phones are all Panasonic analog phones. Owner does not want to upgrade the phones at the moment because of business being slow, and has over 90 phones. Can I purchase the TDM800P and install a new server with Elastix and use both of these with the Panasonic D500 is the basic question.

Thanks in advance,
arche

busster8

You could have the Elastix box sit infront of the panasonic. The Elastix would need both station and line cards. Your outside telephone lines would connect to the Elastix and then the ports would connect to the Panasonic telephone line ports. Incoming calls would get answered / directed by Elastix to the analog station ports which look like outside lines to the Panasonic. If no answer, Elastix would take a message.

With this hydrid setup, you would not have to replace any phone handsets, but could add sip phones as time / money permits. No reason why softphones could not be used as well, allowing remote teleworkers. SIP trunking could be used, saving your company additional money. Many neat real estate applications can be used to enhance your sales.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti