Need Help Elastix 1.6 (Empty PBX Extension Page)

Discussion in 'General' started by irwan.satoto, Nov 3, 2010.

1. irwan.satoto

Dear All,

Im having an instalation issue here. My PBX Extension page is blank. I have searched everywhere and i found out that i have to boot on non xen-kernel.

On my first instalation i cant find the non xen-kernel on my grub.conf so i use the "yum install kernel" and the non xen-kernel is there. But after i reboot my system, it doesnt change anything. My PBX Page is still empty. And afterthat someone told me that yum instalation is unuseful.

So here it is my 2nd instalation. I can find the kernel-2.6.18-164.el5.i686.rpm on my iso File but how come it is not istalled during the instalation.
    here is my default grub.conf after the 2nd instalation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # grub.conf generated by anaconda
    #
    # Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this file
    # NOTICE: You have a /boot partition. This means that
    # all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
    # root (hd0,0)
    # kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
    # initrd /initrd-version.img
    #boot=/dev/hdc
    default=0
    timeout=5
    splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
    hiddenmenu
    title Elastix (2.6.18-164.el5xen)
    root (hd0,0)
    kernel /xen.gz-2.6.18-164.el5
    module /vmlinuz-2.6.18-164.el5xen ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
    module /initrd-2.6.18-164.el5xen.img
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    even if i change the default=0 to 1 it still doesnt change anything on my system.
    Please Kindly help me because im new to elastix :)

2. dicko

That sounds aberrant, although Elastix 1.6 preferred xen for no understandable reason (it just won't work on some hardware) , the other kernel would normally be there,

try

yum install kernel*

(note the * )

and then check you grub.conf

failing that, as ever, please post a bug in the bug-tracker link below.

however I suspect your problem is probably caused by you trying to update your FreePBX both from the Elastix repos (yum) and FreePBX itself. FreePBX normally updates itself quite adequately from the unembedded FreePBX modules page, at least as long as Elastix is not involved , the down side is it breaks Elastix . go figure ;) , Elastix has apparently has decided to do a "trixbox" thing and has fork-upped the real FreePBX, sorry.

dicko