Nat problem

Discussion in 'General' started by mirbaha, Sep 20, 2010.

1. mirbaha

Dear friends,

im a ip telephony provider and i provide ip telephony service i use free x-lite for my users but i have too many problem with users behind the NAT its one way communication for them, any one can help or any suggestion?

2. ahmershuja

I had same problem with my remote extension, its Linksys PAP2T ATA, call was receiving with good quality sound, but cannot dial or hear the ring from that extension.

how i fixed that:
    open those port range into the router and redirect to that computer which is xlite is installed...

SIP 5060 - 5061
    RTP 10000 - 20000

and you will be ok
    good luck

3. andyshawn

You can also use an iax softphone and have your clients connect this way. IAX only use one UDP port (4569).
    This protocol works better with NAT, hence you will have less of those one way audio problems. There are a couple of free iax softphones available, so you can try them out and see if this helps.

4. andyshawn

If none of these options resolved your problem, then provide a more detail description of how your server is setup? It is connected directly to the internet or behind a NAT device? Is it behind a firewall? How many of your users are experiencing the one way audio problem? Is the one way audio intermittent or does it happen on every call?

5. trymes

If your server is behind NAT, you need to configure the server's NAT settings. Once that has been done, you shouldn't really have to worry about NAT unless you have multiple clients/user/extensions behind the same NAT device.