NAT Issues

Discussion in 'General' started by Amphibian, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Amphibian

Sep 8, 2009

Ports opened on router for forwarding to server:
    5060-5070 UDP
    5060-5070 TCP
    10000-20000 UDP
    10000-20000 TCP
    70000-10000 UDP

Have read here on the forums several post relating to NAT issues.

Question I have is this, in those post it states to check "sip_conf" and other sip related files for certain code and add if necessary the following of "" or "", in my sip_conf file there is nothing there. Is this common under this version of Elastix and if so where would I check to see what the externalhost= is set to.

Problem; I have several VoIp providers I have been working with to test box before placing into production. Some of these Voip providers are telling me that when they run a trap is shows my "from" IP to them as my internal Ip of on several attempt and on other attempts(when it works) my ADSL Router Assigned Ip address. Not understanding why the change in from IP.

Also, was under the impression that most of RTP was sent out on 8500-30000, my is sending out on 7070 one time and then at other times out on 5080, don't really understand that.

Any suggestions, is there a possible bug in this area I'm not aware of. Not seeing any bugs of that sort on the forums. I'm sure this is more of an Asterisk issue then Elastix, but I figured I would start here.

Thanks in advance
  2. dicko

Oct 24, 2008
    The sip via headers are re-written as defined in sip.conf and it's includes, in our case by convention they would be in sip_nat.conf, nobody will do that for you but you, (you have to edit this file).

It is all explained in "Elastix Without Tears", please save yourself the pain of "stumbling in the dark" and read it, Asterisk 1.4 (Elastix) does NOT use TCP for sip so your port forwarding is overly complicated, forwarding 5060 and 10000-2000 UDP are ALL that is needed 99.99% of the time for SIP to work.

Please search this forum for how to set externip (if you have a static external ip) or externhost (if you are reliably available by some third party DNS proxy) and localnet, to define your LAN, because if you care not to have your SIP via's re-written, IT WON'T WORK., but mostly and not to strain the point PLEASE READ "ELASTIX WITHOUT TEARS", cover to cover, twice, if you still don't get it, iterate until you do, IMHO there is no more concise way of setting up Elastix than by following that route.
  3. brunosmith

Oct 23, 2009
    Re:NAT Issues (This fixed my NAT problem)

This fixed my box

no interip because is dinamic
    I believe the information is about page 130 in elastix without tears.