mysql

icenews

Hi

What is the Mysql user name password in elastix ?

How do I change the user name, password ?

Thank you
Walt

icenews

hi

does anyone know the default user/password for mysql ?

how does one change the default passwords ?

Thank you
Walt

dicko

A ) if [ -f /etc/elastix.conf ]; then echo `cat /etc/elastix.conf | cut -d "=" -f 2`;else echo eLaStIx.2oo7; fi

B ) very carefully and even then only when you know what you are doing

icenews

Hi
isn't there a GUI interface for me change the password to mysql ?
the above script is not helpful
all i got echoed was eLaStIx.2007 --> what does that mean ?

Thanks
Walt

dicko

No there isn't, it's your effing mysql password for root , you asked what it as right? . . . . . .

If you got

eLaStIx.2007

then you are using Elastix 2.0 and you answered all the questions, but forget what you answered on "firstboot"

if you got

eLaStIx.2oo7

you are are using Elastix 1.?

If you mis-typed then I suggest you shouldn't do that.

icenews

Hi

you know - you are not making any sense

a simple user name= ??, passwrd=?? would be sufficient

I am trying to connect into my elastix box (fresh install v1.6)
but it is dening me entrance

Thanks
Walt

dicko

I might not make sense to you yet, but I makes sense to everyone else who understands WTF they are doing, just ask them, you, unfortunately for you and your server, are definitely not there yet ( I note your other posts) , if you are trying to connect to the mysql server from anywhere but localhost with the root account then it JUST WON'T WORK !!

A ) you need to RTFM, the root account is limited to 127.0.0.1 for VERY, VERY good reasons, change that at your peril.

and

B ) even if you work out how to expand that users privileges, you really shouldn't use that account, or your box will be compromised by someone in China or Romania in less than three days, so I suggest you spend a little time to . . .

C ) RTFM again, and add a mysql user with the minimal access rights that suit what you are trying to do, if you still don't understand then sorry but . . .

D ) RTFM again.

oh well . . ..

icenews

Hi

Lets not get carried away with all the cursing - please !
This is supposed to be a professional forum.

If it is in the manual it is in the manual, and thats all you have to say.

Obviously, not everything is in the manual,
and thank you for clarifying the 127.0.0.1 security issue

Anway - I will try to figure the rest out

Thank you
Walt

dicko

You originally asked two question on this thread

What is the Mysql user name password in elastix ?

How do I change the user name, password ?

I answered both, and the answers were IMHO precise, that you are not yet a "professional" is not not my problem, there are many FM's and absolutely everything is in one of them. You as a "professional" will have to locate them yourself, streams of posts from you that a simple search in these fora would all have all been answered days ago, simply show a lack of initiative on your part.

So don't get pissy, it won't work, absorb the culture and stop being self-entitled, if you want help after your due diligence, fine, but at least TRY to help yourself first.

So Please accept your own challenge and " . . .try to figure the rest out"

icenews

FYI

I always try to research for answers to my questions first, before I resort to posting a questions in the forums.

Also just a minor addon,

If security is the main concern,
Then those same unscrupuious people from China or Romania, as you mentioned, can just as easily hack into someone's Root Domain without a problem, and gain access to the whole system with the default passcodes saved so conveniently in TM (The Manual).

And if they know what they are doing (and I imagine they do) then one's system remains insecure irregardless of whether 127.0.0.1 mysql security is implemented or not.

Thank you
Walt

dicko

That's why we have a security forum:-

http://www.elastix.org/en/component/kun ... urity.html

I guess your "research" missed that also.

p.s.

Please don't be prissy, its TFM and never TM the F is very important, it's elliptically considered an "Emphatic" in the English language , it's also a cultural thing in linux, you will only bowdlerize it to the scorn of all, OK?

icenews

Hi

I'm looking for a GUI interface to change passcodes, so far phpmyadmin seems to be the only option, and unsure it if is a complete option.

We all have to be careful when changing passcodes, because you can get really nasty results.

This is why I was asking if there was some kind of Elastix GUI to accomplish this task, and apparantly not.

Thanks
Walt

dicko

There is not an Elastix one, or IMHO a safe one, and for very good reason, just for the hell of of it ( sorry "he double hockey sticks") try:-

grep phpmy /var/log/httpd/*

on a server that has "been out there" for a while to see who is after you, did that concern you? , so did you do that security thing yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti