mydivert trunk

tholog

hi
I tried to configure mydivert trunk using these settings

Configuration for Asterisk 1.6 on Private IP behind NAT

This configuration example assumes that your Asterisk server is on a private IP address behind NAT. If your Asterisk is behind NAT it must be setup to work behind NAT, i.e it should send it's private IP address in the contact field. This way the mydivert.com server knows that the respective peer is behind NAT and it can send back the packet properly.

With this configuration, Asterisk uses the address defined by externip for all calls to the peers configured with nat=yes. The addition of qualify=yes causes Asterisk to test the connection frequently so that the NAT translations are not removed from the firewall. With these two commands, there always will be a communications channel between Asterisk and the peer, and Asterisk will use the outside address when sending SIP messages.

To configure Asterisk with mydivert.com please make the following replacements in the sip.conf and extensions.conf examples given below:

SIPUSERNAME = Your SIP account username
SIPPASSWORD = Your SIP account password
LOCAL-IP = Your asterisk LOCAL IP address (example: 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0)
PUBLIC-IP = Your PUBLIC IP address (example: 200.43.215.194)

The configuration for Asterisk (sip.conf) should look very simlar to this :

[general]
context = default
disallow = all
allow = ulaw
allow = alaw
maxexpiry = 120
defaultexpiry = 90
allow = g729 ;a license from digium will be required if transcoding g729 to other codecs, else disallow g729
trustrpid = yes
sendrpid = yes
nat = yes
externip = PUBLIC-IP
localnet = LOCAL-IP
useragent = Asterisk

register => SIPUSERNAME:SIPPASSWORD@sip.mydivert.com/SIPUSERNAME

[mydivert]
fromuser = SIPUSERNAME
username = SIPUSERNAME
authuser = SIPUSERNAME
secret = SIPPASSWORD
insecure = very
dtmf = rfc2833
disallow = all
allow = g729
allow = ulaw
allow = alaw
type = friend
host = sip.mydivert.com
nat = yes
;force keep-alives with qualify=yes
qualify = yes
;here we state the context for incoming calls on the mydivert.com channel. we need to set this up also in extensions.conf
context = from-mydivert

;this could be your extension - your voip phone using mydivert.com
;[8000]
;insecure = no
;canreinvite = no
;regexten = 8000
;dtmf= rfc2833
;context = sip-phone
;host= dynamic
;type= friend
;username = 8000
;secret = 1234
;nat= yes
;qualify = yes

In extensions.conf you need to setup the context and routing. It would look something like this:

[general]
autofallthrough=yes

[globals]

[default]

[from-mydivert]
;this is the context we need to setup to receive incoming calls
;first is the default extension that calls arrive on.
exten => SIPUSERNAME,1,Answer
exten => SIPUSERNAME,2,Dial(SIP/8000)
exten => SIPUSERNAME,3,Hangup

;if you have SIP trunking enabled for your account calls will arrive with DID invites.
;You then add each DID in this context with routing. example DID number 15166179421
;exten => 15166179421,1,Answer
;exten => 15166179421,2,Dial(SIP/8000)
;exten => 15166179421,3,Hangup

;this is the context of your extension voip phone dialing into asterisk and placing an outgoing call
;[sip-phone]
;exten => _X.,1,Answer
;if you have caller-id 'set by equipment' enabled you can set the CID for the outgoing call via the mydivert.com trunk.
;If not, then the mydivert.com server will set CID for you.
;exten => _X.,2,Set(CALLERID(name)=15166179421)
;exten => _X.,3,Set(CALLERID(num)=15166179421)
;exten => _X.,4,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@sip.mydivert.com,30,Tt)
;exten => _X.,5,Hangup
but doesn't work

tholog

:unsure:

dicko

tholog

hi

this configuration doesn't work for me.

a configuration which I posted in the first post succeed to register but no incoming or outgoing calls, it's hangup immediately.

dicko

Then I'm afraid that will have to be between you and mydivert, sorry nobody here can fix that for you, (unless another mydivert customer is here). if you modified sip.conf you will need to un-modify it, the original advise you took from your carrier was wrong for FreePBX/Elastix, however their FreePBX setup instructions are very explicit.

tholog

hi

I got this message from Mydivert Support Admin
hi,

yes, we have clients using elastix, but we ourselves are not familiar with the server.

If it is asterisk based, you can use the configuration info from the support page of your account.

else you can let us know the settings asked for and values used.

another option would be to look for elastix support forums.

our sip trunking is completly standard and the info required is available from your account page. please also see the [help] link on this section for additional info.

I am sorry I cannot be of further assistance but I have no experience of the elastix server

dicko

Then I suggest they should either "get familiar" with FreePBX, or you should look for a more capable VSP, FreePBX is not actually confounding to most Providers, it is in fact the basis of more than 90% of all asterisk deployments. Elastix is ABSOLUTELY based on FreePBX, (well maybe not the latest and greatest and in fact a rather dated version ;) ) but truthfully it has "just worked" for all the other VSP's for years. On the other hand maybe you just mis-configured it ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen