my isp block port 5060

Discussion in 'General' started by kostasics, Jun 4, 2010.

1. kostasics

Hi , my isp provider blocks the 5060-1 port . So i can not connect my sip trun to my voip provider . Any ideas ?

2. alwayson

First, try vpn to your trunk provider, if it´s available. You can also try to reroute your origin port number using logilally a router.
    Best Regards

3. kostasics

They have lock the router , i cant make Nat or port forward. The only that i have make is to open the port 5065 and any traffic in this port is going to my elastix , but i see only request send in sip info .

4. alwayson

plase tell me more about you hardware, brand/model router, type of conn ( adsl,ethernet, bi wire, wifi,wimax, etc.

5. kostasics

Hi , thanks for your time . My connection is adsl from hellas on line.
    The router is one that it give me isdn number but i have no access on it because is lock .
    I ask them to open the port 5060 to work with that and they told me it can not be open because they work with this one and with 5061 and i must found another port to work.

6. danardf

Hi.
    just for informations:
    In Tunisia, it's the same issue. Any SIP protocol is locked.

7. alwayson

Once again, I´ll need brand and model number of isp router in order to consider it.
    If you allready have a voip proider consider conect using vpn. but provider must accept incomings vpn.
    Best regards

8. dicko

From the sound if it, your provider is possibly using 5060/1 to provision your "ISDN" numbers already,

You could use a VSP that allows you to choose the port that the SIP signaling will use (which must of course be outside the blocked range) 5065 in your case, but the Vendor must agree on this choice.

Or you could find a VSP that allows IAX2 connections.

dicko

9. kostasics

Hi , first of all thanks for the help.
    The modem have only the name of my isp , so no brand name on it .
    Can any one tell me how i can change the port that asterisk communicate with my sip voip provider ? I have try any think that i found in Internet with out success.
    Thanks !

P.S my VSP not allow vpn and they dont have IAX SERVICE.

10. dicko

You FIRST have to arrange with the VSP to change the port for example to 5065, then juts change port=5060 to port=5065 in the trunk settings.

If your VSP won't do that then you will need to find one that will.

dicko

11. rafael

Is it possible to change the ISP? If they are blocking 5060, probably they are not the best friends of VoIP. In the other hand you can change of VPS and use one that supports IAX2.

Anyway, why are they blocking you? Have you ask them?

Regards,

Rafael

12. kostasics

Thanks for your help , i will try the solution that you point me and i will report .

13. mihpel

Hellas on Line in Greece supplies the end user with a preconfigured adsl router featuring 2 sip based fxs ports on the device !
    The facility is implemented but, for some reason, was never officially offered as a solution by the isp ... but that is another story !!!
    Anyway ...
    All you have to do is buy a new dsl router and you are ready to use any port you wish !
    The price should not exceed 50 euro !!

I use the same ISP !

14. farrukhndm

In our country many of ISP are blocking SIP ports, please tell me is there any way to pass traffic through Port 80 rather than using port 5060 (As Skype using port 80).I think by using Sip Proxy server.

Any one had configured Sip proxy Server for their Netowrk ?? please share your knowledge.

15. danardf

Hi.
    Are you sure that your ISP locked the SIP port and not the SIP headers? :huh:

If all headers are locked, even if you change the SIP port, the SIP protocol will be always locked!

16. haamed

Hi, You can use VPN servers to pass the ISP Policies,
    the most popular VPN client is Freedom (http://your-freedom.net)
    If you are in IRAN, it is free for you !

17. kostasics

Hi , thanks for your time and help one more time .
    Now i can not change the router because this adsl router provide me with isdn protocol .
    I will see today if my VSP can work with another port , if not i will change the ISP , they must learn that when i pay they can not lock router, ports or any think else . When we make the deal they DINT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT LOCK !!!!.

18. kostasics

Hi , solution found !!!!
    In asterisk sip settings
    nat we check yes
    bind port 5065
    now the asterisk make register with VSP but i have register problem with extensions .
    I will report later .

After some test i found that there is a problem with the extension , some of them register and some not . So i go back to 5060 .

19. yijun

If your ISP only blocks 5060 port (or to put it another way, your ISP doesn't block all UDP ports), you can use SIP outbound proxy server to bypass the blocking. SIP messages will be sent to the proxy server first through non-blocking ports and then be forwarded to VOIP provider. Check www.sippp.com

However, if your ISP does packet filtering and drops SIP messages, you need a VPN-based solution. Check www.vpn4sip.com

20. yijun

Does your ISP only block 5060 port or all ports?

If only 5060 blocked, try a SIP outboud proxy server. SIP messages will be sent to the proxy server first through ports which are not blocked and then be forwarded to VOIP service provider. You may want to check www.sippp.com which provides SIP outboud proxy service. It also works with end-users behind NAT.

If your ISP does packet filtering and drop SIP messages, you have to go to VPN-based solution.