my first thread here~~regarding call center..

Discussion in 'General' started by kiosklim, Dec 24, 2010.

1. kiosklim

Is it possible for me to modify call center's code that the phone numbers the customer calling in is displayed out in elastix?
    As my company currently is providing virtual office services to their client and receiving the call from client's customer on behalf of the client.Then only call transferring is made to the client.Is it possible for our staff get a prompt display showing the phone number (in elastix) customer calling in..So that we can transferred it to the client's number without browsing through the list of clients just to get their number.

Can i do so?? any idea someone ??
    :S

2. kiosklim

BUMP!

3. Amphibian

Welcome kiosklim,

Sounds like you run a "Front Office Receptionist" setup:

Two things to investigate:

1: Do a search on "Pop Ups" on here. This may be what you are looking for,

2: Under "Inbound route" you will see an entry for "CID name prefix" (You can optionally prefix the Caller ID name. ie: If you prefix with "Sales:", a call from John Doe would display as "Sales:John Doe" on the extensions that rings.:) Prefix it with an special account code or actual name.

Each client has their own number, setup a inbound route for each number and assign a special "code name or number" that will be displayed to each of your operators when the call is routed. This works with most VoIp phones and softphones. This is one method we do at our answering service (call center).

Hope this helps. I'm sure there are many other ways, like writing code, but hey, this is one of the simplest methods I know.

Amphibian

4. kiosklim

5. kiosklim

oh yeah regarding the 2nd thing to investigate, does it (call from John Doe would display as "Sales:John Doe" on the extensions that rings) means the phone screen of the extension ring will display the "Sales:John Doe" or display in another way,"Pop up"??

As for pop up, provided in vtiger.wondering the extension provided is the extension receptionist hanging up calls or the extension that's suppposed to be transfer on.As the scenario of my company is as follows:
    A customer calling 04-3473949(our client) but first routed in to our receptionist phone with 04-3473901.So i supposed the extension displayed in vtiger's pop up to be 04-3473949 so that our receptionist can transfer the call to 04-3473949 immediately or just take a message for our client (according to their preferences)

6. shane007

7. kiosklim

im not sure whether is that what you want? Poping up customer did name which is routed to an extension and display on vtigercrm which using the extension.
    Eg:poping up did name,Michael under 'name' row for when there is incoming call to Michael DID(say 2506) but it's appear on vtigercrm pbxmanager which is using ext 2500.

To do so,under inbound route try put cid name prefix 'Michael' for michael's DID number.on the bottom just pick extension and put it to '2500'

All done for the poping up DID name when there is an incoming call.
    Try update your asteriskclient.php with the code dicko posted in link below.
    http://www.elastix.org/en/component/kun ... popup.html

It works with my vtigercrm510 and elastix 1.5.2-2.3.
    God Bless!

8. kiosklim

Thanks for ur suggestion,Amphibian whether you watch this post or not.
    Changing CID name prefix that it appears as DID name in the poping up for vtiger pbxmanager is such a helpful idea.

9. Amphibian

You are welcome Sir,

Amphibian

"I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, and, I'm not the only tool in the shed.