Multiple Sites - multiple servers

Discussion in 'General' started by namdung, Jan 20, 2009.

1. namdung

We have 3 different sites connected by P2P connection of 2 Mbps bandwidth. I'm a newbie and trying to implement Elastix for internal calls.
    Is it possible to to have one server at each location to handle internal calls pertaining to the same site and then connect to the other servers to make call between the other sites via the P2P?
    I'm not comfortable with the volume of traffic traveling to only one server for all calls (internal/between multiple sites). I'd rather have each server handle the internal calls for the site and only connect to the other server for calls pertaining to the particular site.

Our network config:
    Server1
    Server:192.168.1.2
    Gateway:192.168.1.1

Server2
    Server:192.168.2.2
    Gateway:192.168.2.1

Server3
    Server:192.168.3.2
    Gateway:192.168.3.1

Any help?

2. rafael

You would need to create iax trunks between each of the servers. In the book "Elastix Without Tears" is an explination on how to do this. Google for the book and you would get this and more answers-

3. namdung

Thanks for the quick reply. Will explore this option.
    I have successfully implemented Elastix server at each site. Now the next step is to create IAX trunks for the servers to communicate with one another. I'll update my progress and will probably required assistance along the way.
    Also what are the Firewall settings required? Read somewhere it required UDP port 4569.

4. Bob

Bob

Correct IAX requires UDP 4569, thats it.

Hopefully you have different extension ranges at each site as this makes the outbound routing simple

e.g.
    5XX - IAXTrunk1
    6XX - IAXTrunk2

So one other point besides the trunks, is setting the outbound routing.

As Rafael said, the ELastix Without Tears book covers this, but if you are still stuck, there are plenty of examples on the Web.

Regards

Bob