multiple day/night toggles with a time condition??

Discussion in 'General' started by tbooth, Mar 4, 2009.

1. tbooth

Is it possible to have more than 1 working day/night condition while using a time condition. I have followed the setup outlined in the docs and can get *280 to work with a time condition with no problems. I created *281 to use for inclement weather if the office closed early but it does not work at all. When I dial *281 and dial in and test it will ALWAYS play the *280 day/night condition.

In short on bad weather days I need to dial into the system and toggle to the IVR that plays the inclement weather IVR so clients know we are closed.

current setup below.

time condition m-f 9-5 calls go to RG 600, after hours to night IVR

if receptionist is busy she dials *280 to bypass RG600 and play another IVR that says they are open but unavailable. (works fine)

Inbound routes> any DID/CID set destination is : day/night mode (0) NotAvailable

created day/night *281 Day=time condition (9-5pm) Night=Inclement weather IVR
    dial *281 but does not route calls to Inclement weather IVR

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Patrick_elx

create a timer condition for your week days, hours. let's call it 'open/close'
    create a day/night condition for your weather issue. let's call it 'sun/rain'

inbound call Any CID/Any Did -> 'open/close'
    'open/close'; open -> 'sun/rain'; close -> ivr close
    'sun/rain'; sun -> ring group; rain -> ivr bad weather

you can toggle manually the sun/rain with the code you'll define in the day/night condition.
    The open/close will be toggle by the timer.

3. ElasMex

Hello

But this is not enabled on Time Conditions

4. izrunas

The short answer is that time conditions do not support more than one day/night toggle internally (at this time).

It may be inelegant, but the way to do it is to un-associate the existing day/night condition from the time condition and have the call flow go through them one at a time.

In your case, you should have:

Open/Closed Time Condition --> Inclement Weather Toggle --> Receptionist Away Toggle --> ...

(don't embed the *280 in the time condition, just use call flow to go in order)

5. Patrick_elx

Sorry I don't understand.

On my setup it's working fine.