Multiple campaigns at the same time

Discussion in 'General' started by telecomtechnician, Jun 16, 2009.

1. telecomtechnician

Hi there

When will the call center module be available to work with multiple campaigns at the same time? it is an important function that certains customers require.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

2. jgutierrez

Well it does since earlier versions... What have you tested that doesn't work?

3. telecomtechnician

Hi there

I created two campaigns exactly the same. The only difference is the numbers to dial in each campaign. Both campaigns use the same queue and there were two agents logged in. What I noticed is that it dialed the first campaign and then the second one. As I see it, it should have dialed both campaigns at the same time. Maybe I configured things in a wrong way or I am not understanding something.

I appreciate your advice.

David Medina

4. jgutierrez

Well, if you have configured two campaigns that uses the same queue, you have to do it in one campaign... Because if there are no available agents, it won't dial out, I don't understand what you want to do...
    Generate more outbound calls in relation to the agents that you have?
    Create an outbound campaign that just plays a message and then hangup the call?

5. balanoiu

Hi,

I have a similar problem. We run a call center for outbound calls in the States. Problem is States have 5 different time zones starting UTC-5 to UTC-10 in Hawaii.

If I dump all numbers in the same campaign no matter where they are located very often it happens to call California and Hawaii at 5 or 6 in the morning and this is just a huge waste of time and resources.

Therefore I decided to split the numbers on 5 different campaign starting UTC-5, UTC-6 and so on to UTC-10 and have each of the start start and stop a different hours. Each campaign start making calls at 9 AM on it's time zone and stop at 18:00, every hour after the fist campaign started to make calls, another campaign kicks in. After 2 hours we will have 3 campaigns simultaneously and after 5 hours we will have 5 of them in the same time. On the same schedule they will stop after 8 hours one by one.

All campaign use the same queue and the same agents, but at the first glace it looks like only the first campaign UTC-5 works properly... I don't see any calls on all other 4 campaigns.

Does anyone found a solution to handle this differently ?

Thanks,

6. dicko

You might want to try sending all your campaigns to a queuepriority before the queues themself, that should queue them by answer time.

7. balanoiu

How do I do that ?

8. dicko

:) :) Don't know yet the code needs a look at. I'm intrigued . . .

but I might try (in FreePBX) defining your queues as, in effect, null queues the exit to the (same) queue priority that filters back into the Master Queue that exhibits the standard behavior you need.

That sounds like a terrible kludge and the logic is perhaps strained, but you never know, maybe it works with an unmodified call-center (1.5-1?). . .