Multiple businesses per-PBX & speech 2 text

Discussion in 'General' started by Chilling_Silence, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Chilling_Silence

Greetings,

Ive got two questions here.
    Firstly, Im wanting to put a PBX in a Datacenter, and have it operate as the PBX for a couple of small businesses.
    My first thoughts are that this will work fine, they wont get access to the box's WebGUI in any way except for Voicemails (Which Ive created a new usergroup for). The box can more than handle 10 small businesses doing a couple of lines each.
    However, when it comes to outbound routes, I was wondering about how I would get each business to present the correct CallerID.
    One way would be to have each business have a separate dial-prefix (e.g. first business dials 1 for outside line, second business dials 2 for outside line), which would potentially work well.
    Only thing is, what if you hit the wrong button for a dial-prefix, you end up going out somebody elses outbound route.
    That in itself isnt much of an issue, and we use the asterisk cdr log for calls by extension, so that'll always be accurate, but the problem is it presents the wrong CallerID.
    We could turn off CallerID, but thats not ideal.
    I suppose my question is this:
    Is it possible to either restrict the outbound routes that a specific range of extensions can use (e.g 100-199 can only go out route X, 200-299 can only go out route Y), OR:
    Is it possible to always for a CallerID for a certain extension?

Lastly, Speech to Text.
    The dictation kinda cool, but not really what Im after (I dont think at least).
    We have a customer who's wanting to do a promotion and have people ring up and leave a message with their Name / Phone Number / Address, then have that converted to text.
    I was debating just having them leave it directly in a voicemail and get that voicemail with file emailed, but if I could do speech-to-text as well in the email, then that'd be awesome!

Any thoughts / comments / suggestions appreciated

Cheers

Chill.

2. dicko

chill:

I think this might work for you

http://www.freepbx.org/support/document ... ed-modules
    /customcontexts

as you say TTS kinda easy however

STT kinda hard, my son got sphynx going a couple years back when at college doing a asterisk/gps/java/treasure hunt thing over nextels, but only with a VERY limited vocab, (maybe twenty words) and a lot of blood sweat and tears. When we talk about it now his eyes glaze over and he changes the subject.

3. Chilling_Silence

Haha, sounds like it might be easier to just have them leave a Voicemail and get that emailed to us as an attachment :-/

Custom Contexts looks very cool, might have to go have a good read!

Thanks for the quick response mate :)

Cheers

Chill.

4. Chilling_Silence

Woah baby! That is quite possible the coolest and most useful plugin / module ever!!!

Thankyou so much for putting me on to it, its EXACTLY what Im after and will allow me to do all I wanted and more!
    Now I dont have to make each business dial a prefix

What a legend, thanks heaps :)

5. dicko

Please don't give it to the Newbies though, it's cantankerous, and does exactly what you tell it to , not what you want it to.

6. Chilling_Silence

Haha, yeah I could see it having some potentially disasterous results. Man thats a powerful module!!! :D

7. donhwyo

If you have a chance to get this going please do a quick writeup. I will need to do this at some point too. Thanks for pointing this out dicko.

Thanks,
    Don

8. Chilling_Silence

Hi Don,

Have a look at the above link that dicko posted, or this one will take you direct to the FreePBX write-up:
    http://tinyurl.com/custom-contexts

Its actually incredibly straight-forward :)
    Time-conditions for outbound calling could be a great way to prevent staff from staying after-hours then making long-distance calls on the company account ... ;)

9. dicko

Don:

Sorry, I'm not quite with you, the customcontext works just as advertised, with all its provisos and caveats. It as, as stated, a "third party unsupported" FreePBX plugin that I have used in several deployments, there is no way I could write it up better than it's author, (Kudos to that author, who's name shall remain anonymous here , for his own protection)

If your talking speech to text, we (my boy and I) beat our heads against sphynx as far as we could and at this point in time, apart from academic interset, I believe it's a no-go.

If you need a functional Multi-tenant asterisk deployment without shedding too much blood Thirdlane's Webmin based solution might be for you. (Not free, but reasonably priced)

I wish I could be of more help here.

Dicko

10. Chilling_Silence

Nah man, if you have your outbound routes done semi-well, the custom-context module is freaking amazing!!

11. donhwyo

Thanks guys just trying not to learn it the hard way like I usually do. I was just going to build 2 servers to do this so maybe I can save a little by combining them.

Don