multiple announcements within queue

mattrh

is it possible to have multiple announcements within queue? if so please help...

rafael

What are you triyng to do? You may have multiple queues or multiple ivrs.

Regards,

Rafael

mattrh

hey Rafael,

here is the deal. There is one (1) queue that most people will hold in till an agent picks up. i currently have streaming MOH. i would like to pre record 3 annoucments and have them interrupt the MOH and say 1 of the 3 annoucments every 2 min.....

how can i make this happen?

Thanks,

Mattt

rafael

I think this doable from freePBX frontend, but it could be done with asterisk editing files. Maybe recording de music on hold with the annoucements?

mattrh

the announcements change every week. that's the issue.

Bob

This one of the shortcomings of the Queue setup under freepbx.

What rafael said was the quickest and easiest ways out (MOH with recordings every 2 mins), but as you are using streaming MOH (I assume a radio station), you don't have this capability.

Next is to have queues drop to another queue with announcements in between each queue, but this is messy, loss of wait information, as well as many other issues that make this the less desirable way of going.

I have come across this request a few times now, and when I get a moment, I will look at what can be done at the Freepbx level (e.g. code modification) or look at hard coding it, but this will probably be when I client next requests it.

Regards

Bob

mattrh

Bob,

thank you for the response. I am streaming from a radio station online. if you do write the code i am willing to pay you for it also. the later doesn't sounds like something i want to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr