Multi Company PBX

Discussion in 'General' started by GordonF, Aug 28, 2008.

1. GordonF

Hi. I'm looking for some advice please. I have 3 very small companies sharing an Elastix box with 2x BRI and 8 additional MSN's. The issue is the incomming line needs to tell the PBX operator which person/company this call is meant for and answer appropriately. Any ideas? They are using Windows PC's with Firefox and also Snom 320's.

I'd really appreciate some advice here.

Thanking you in advance :)

2. telecomtechnician

Hi there

1) You need to separate the extensions of each company in different contexts, in your case, you need to create three contexts. (this will have to be done if you want to ISOLATE the extensions of one company from the others).

2) If you want, you can create three IVR, (one for each company).

3) You have to divide your BRI lines in the way of three different numbers, so when people dials in, they reach the appropiate company IVR.

In other words, a lot of things to learn and then do.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

3. GordonF

Thanks for the comments. The IVR issue is easily resolved via inbound routes and the inter company extension isolation is not necessary as its a shared office and space. The main problem is that I need to differentiate for the switchboard operator which incomming number must be answered with which company name so that she can answer the call and handle it from there by either routing it to the correct party or by taking a message etc. The operator is the main shared source in the companies.

4. DaveD

Not sure if this will work but configure a ring group for each inbound DID and just add the secretary extension in each group but also in that group where is says CID PREFIX add a description so it shows prefix and caller id

Worth a try

Edit

Use the inbound route and prefix CID with something like sales or other,then when a call comes in for x company it will have a prefix displayed so they know which trunk it cam from