More dialing rules questions

Discussion in 'General' started by vpeppers, Sep 1, 2010.

1. vpeppers

I am trying to learn this stuff, and I am getting hung up on the dialing rules. I currently have one trunk, with the dialing rules set to "9|." I also have my outgoing trunk set to "9|.". This seems redundant to me. Have I got this wrong? I MUST put the "9" in front of my outgoing calls, or they won't go out. This prevents me from pushing the Line 1 button on my phone, and getting the dial tone to dial out. I have to put in the number and then press "Dial".

I also want to do some substitutions. Incoming calls show up on my phone with the "1" prefix, followed by the ten digit number, even for local numbers. I can't just push the Dial button to redial, as it then tries to put the "1" in the front of the number. I want to set up a dial rule that will dial the local numbers (all ten digit) by substituting a "9" for the "1" when the phone dials. I want another rule that will just append the "9" to the front of the number when not from one of our three local aread codes. Can I do this, or am I just f***ing in the breeze?

I have read Elastix Without Tears, and it just didn't have enough information in it on this subject.

2. javapaul

remove the 9|. from the dialing rules and leave the 9|. in the outgoing trunk (i suppose that is using the trunk from where u removed the 9|.), now just change the 9|. for 1|.

I am not sure about adding a number to the call-id, but you can add or remove numbers before dialing the number by creating an especial context in the extensions_custom.cfg file.

here are is an example of dialing rules to place them in the dialing patterns
    (any 10 digit number dialed X range is [0-9] would go out trough this trunk)
    XXXXXXXXXX

PS:If you place the mouse in the title of dialing patterns you will see some examples