MOH --Not a MP3 Issue--- No Upload Taking Place

Discussion in 'General' started by Amphibian, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Amphibian

Elastix 1.6-12

:cheer: Notice: I'm not having a MP3 prob, Don't care about MP3, Just trying to upload .WAV files.......

Under MOH section, I made a new MOH group, went to upload a .wav file, under this new group, upon selecting "upload", a box pops up stating this may take a few minutes, I select ok and all appears to work, except that when its done uploading the screen refreshes and takes me to the extensions page. When I go back to see if file is there, nothing. I even tried to up load several others thinking there was a prob with that one music file, but to no avail, all songs I tried to upload don't end up on the machine. I even tried to upload them to the standard file used when new fresh install, no go.

I went and checked for the usual "/var/lib/asterisk/moh" & "/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3" and found none of the files I uploaded.

:blush: I know, I'm loony, but could you advise if there is a prob in 1.6-12 on sound file upload and if so where to find it as I have gone 6 pages deep and have not found anything here on the forum or on fpbx eiother. Don't think its a fpbx issue but may be.

Have a great day
    William

2. Amphibian

Ok, it appears to be an "upload" issue within Elastix & FPBX, as I can upload through WinSCP and once uploaded they dispaly in the MOH area.

Next question is, now how do I choose which one I want to have heard when placed on hold? Do I need to change a .config file some where, I thought there was a way under the previous ver to do that per extension, am I wrong are am I looney????

Thanks
    William

3. Amphibian

Well, I see there is the same issue with .wav file upload as with mp3. When I upload a .wav file and place it in line with the other .wav files it brings any additional updates to the gui to a halt. Thought this was only a mp3 issue. That is why I was sticking with .wav files....

In addition, if I delete all the MOH files from GUI, one would think that no MOH would be heard, well it still plays the same MOH that was there before I deleted them. I somewhat remember seeing on one of the post that there was something to do with a sip.config file but haven't been able to locate that post again yet...

Any suggestion?