Missing tftp capability Elastix 1.1-6

Discussion in 'General' started by laserted, Jul 18, 2008.

1. laserted

Greets -

I recently cold-installed Elastix 1.1-6 from iso; install okay, started setting up Asterisk routes etc, no problem.

Went to load up my Aastra phone config files, and I don't have a /tftpboot folder.

In fact, I can't even run chkconfig (not found) to see if xinetd and tftp-server are really running. They are installed and updated per the webgui "packages" list (version 0.49 for tftp-server)

Oddly enough, yum and rpm are also missing.

I'm running my console session via PUtty

Any thoughts? There seems to be a lot of "missing" utilities that I'm used to seeing, but not finding....feeling rather newbish at the moment...

Thanks,

Ted.

2. Bob

Bob

laserted,

Looks like something has gone Bang!!

First of all, there is no actual iso image for 1.1-6, only 1.1-2 (unless I am missing something).

Best way to make sure that you are up-to-date after an ISO release is to do a yum -y update from the command line to bring all your files upto date, including the Elastix core. If you did this, you would now see that it is upto Elastix 1.1-7.

You could give this a try, but I have a suspicion that your installation has failed in some way (e.g. faulty ISO image or faulty media).

Last night I installed the 1.1-2 ISO image, and then updated woth yum -y update and have a stable 1.1-7 machine beside me. I have checked that the TFTPBoot directory exists, and also run the chkconfig command showing the TFTP service running.

Only part I can recommend to you is to checksum your ISO file that you downloaded, and reburn onto new media (possibly at a slower speed).

Regards

Bob