Missing kickstart file???

Discussion in 'General' started by izrunas, May 27, 2009.

1. izrunas

Using a CD that I have used to install Elastix 5.2 from before, I am now getting an error relating to the system not finding the kickstart file. HUH?? CD is clean and not scratched and like I said, it has worked before.

Ideas?

2. dicko

This is often caused by the syslinux kernel not having a driver for the cd hardware of the machine you are installing on, hence no ks file, in my experience the culprits are usbstorage and sata, sometimes a change in the bios settings of how sata is configured (choose legacy/ide if an option)if a sata cdrom or the temporary use of an ide cdrom drive will fix the problem, Once installed then almost certainly the full kernel will have that support so you can change back then.

Good Lucknormally

3. donhwyo

4. dicko

There you go, two answers, I think i prefer donnwyo's (unless it's one of those atom boards where the network is a notwork for the same reason),Hopefully the next release/bump.

5. grigorim

OK PEOPLE, IT SEEMS THAT NO ONE HAS THE ANSWER TO THIS ONE. BUT I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING THAT WILL MAKE YOU THE HAPPIEST PERSON EVER....

IF YOU HAVE A WEBSITE THEN UPLOAD THIS KS_DEFAULT.CFG FILE TO THE ROOT DIRECTORY OF YOUR SITE SO MAKE IT LIKE THIS XXXXXXX.COM/KS_DEFAULT.CFG
    THEN CHANGE THE PATH OF THE FILE FROM CDROM/KS_DEFAULT.CFG TO XXXXXXXX.COM/KS_DEFAULT.CFG
    AND PRESS OK SINCE AT THIS STAGE YOUR SERVER IS ALREADY CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK, THIS WILL SEND AN IP REQUEST TO YOUR WEBSITE/KS_DEFAULT.CFG AND IT WILL DOWNLOAD THAT FILE DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SERVER. AS SIMPLE AS THAT!!!!

CONGRATS! :)

6. grigorim

FORGOT TO SAY, IF YOU DON;T HAVE A SITE AND YOU HAVE A MAC COMPUTER THEN GO TO SYSTEM PREFERENCES, THEN ENABLE SHARING THEN FIND OUT WHAT'S YOUR IP ADDRESS AND THE PATH TO THIS FILE ON YOUR COMPUTER AND YOU CAN PUT THIS IN STEAD OF CDROM/KS_DEFAULT.CFG AND IT WILL DOWNLOAD THIS FILE DIRECTLY FROM YOUR COMPUTER.