Missing 000000000000-directory.xml

hinzinho

I am missing all the files under /tftpboot/polycom/contacts, the 000000000000-directory.xml and <mac>-directory.xml files. This is on a fresh install of Elastix 1.6.2-7.

I went into the Endpoint Configuration and set the Polycom phones, but still no files for the contacts. It does generate the files for <mac>.cfg and <mac>reg.cfg. The permissions for the directories all look correct to a working Elasix box.

Any ideas? Please help.

dicko

you need to add -c to the server options in the xinet.d/tftp file (-c create) the phones themselves send these to the tftpd server

(be very careful on your firewall if you do that, or be prepared to counteract intrusions)

You should look into the end-point manager from FreePBX.org third party modules for a more complete polycom provisioning system, Elastix for example doesn't supply all the necessary current binaries.

hinzinho

Interesting. I have deployed about 4 Elastix boxes over the year and they all worked without any additional -c options or separate module from FreePBX. Unless some settings got changed over these past few months, Elastix EndPoint was doing everything correctly.

Thanks for the reply!

dicko

They might have worked but they never uploaded their local directories or logs back to the tftp server, As I said adding -c and the third party module from FreePBX will get ALL the needed stuff and the latest binaries and provisioning files from Polycom, really. (The Elastix implementation is functional but very minimal)

for refernce you might want to start here:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Polycom+Phones

dicko

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr