Misc Aplication HoWto?

Discussion in 'General' started by witekprytek, Mar 16, 2009.

1. witekprytek

Hi all.
    I need to create very simple "misc application" to give people chance to dial meetme and then choose conference room number.
    In TB (which I used previously) I have just added misc application by "custom-meetme,s,1" - it was empty field in "misc application" toolbar.
    Here I can not find something like this :-(

Does anybody know how to add extension 800 => custom-meetme,s,1?

Best Regards
    WP

2. witekprytek

Re:Misc Aplication HoWto? Conference Bridge Howto?

OK finally I have created "Misc Application".

Now I have nightly build FreePBX 2.5.1.2 and elastix 1.3. I have finally created "Custom Destination" from Free PBX Tools menu and point it to something like custom-meeteme3,s,1 and in asterisk config file "extensions_custom.conf" i have added
    [custom-meetme3]
    include => ext-meetme
    exten => s,1,Answer
    exten => s,n,Wait(3)
    exten => s,n,CBMysql()
    exten => s,n,Hangup

Custom destination is linked with "Misc Application" =>800

Now by dialing 800 I can hear "please enter your conference number followed by the # key ". After entering the preciously created conference number I can hear - that is not valid conference number..."

So the question is how [custom-meetme3] should look like to make the conference bridge working.
    If somebody could resolve it and know the answer please share the experience.
    With Best regards
    WP

3. dard

Re:Misc Aplication HoWto? Conference Bridge Howto?

I was never able to find this info in the forums or any of the documentation that explains the Elastix conferences so I am taking the time to share my discoveries.

There are 2 completely different conference applications in Elastix which is great but very confusing. There is the regular MeetMe that is part of Asterisk and the 3rd party Web-MeetMe. You configure the regular Asterisk MeetMe from the left hand pane in either Elastix or FreePBX. The Asterisk MeetMe conferences are fixed conferences that never expire and can be accessed anytime. The Web-MeetMe is configured only from Elastix and is located as Conference under the PBX tab. When you create a Web-MeetMe conference, it has a maximum duration of 99 hours and 99 minutes after that it expires and can no longer be called (unliess it is entered again). Both the fixed and automatically expiring conferences have their advantages and it is very good to have access to both of them. The problem is how do you access both of the from the PSTN. This is my discovery/solution:

Web-MeetMe config - When I looked at my extensions_custom.conf file I saw this which is the Web-MeetMe conference.
    [conferences]
    ;Used by cbEnd script to play end of conference warning
    exten => 5555,1,Answer
    exten => 5555,n,Wait(3)
    exten => 5555,n,CBMysql()
    exten => 5555,n,Hangup
    This sets up extension 5555 to play the 'enter your Web-Meet-Me conference number and PIN' announcement. No IVR is needed. To access it from the PSTN and from inside, set up an extension and do a follow me to 5555.

Regular Asterisk MeetMe config - I stumbled on this solution. I couldn't find a way to make both kinds of confererences accessible from the same dial in number without having to ask which kind of conference you wanted. There may be a different way to make them work but this is what I did. Setup an IVR. You can make a custom recording to say that this is yours or your company's conference bridge and to enter your conference number or you can use Allison's recording. The fixed meet-me conference numbers are entered in the IVR boxes that you would normally just enter 1, 2, 3, etc. Those boxes accept multiple digits so you just put your 3 or 4 digit fixed conference numbers in those boxes and then select the conference radio button and then select the correct conference from the drop down box. To access it from the outside and inside the office make another extension, set a zero ring time and send it to the IVR.

You can have your users setup their own web conferences whenever they want to by giving them access to only the web conference setup by creating an Elastix user assigned to a group that only has access to the conference application. That way fixed conferences are for internal people meeting groups and the expiring web conferences are used for outside people that you don't ever want to call back in again using the same number/PIN.

4. jgutierrez

5. BenS