Migrating extensions from Trixbox to Elastix

rauldinho

Hi, recently at my work we decided to migrate our telephony platform from trixbox to elastix (thanks to my suggestion, since i've been following the project and find it the best at what it does). So we downloaded the latest version of elastix and installed in one of our two servers used for telephony (the other one is still running trixbox). So after the installation i started tuning elastix (trunks,outbound routes,etc), but my problem comes when trying to migrate the extensions. In Elastix without tears the author suggest of generating .csv files with the extensions data and then upload it. The thing is that my extensions all have different secret, context and other information that will require too much editing in the .csv file and it won't be as simple as a copy and paste. It will be almost like creating the extensions from scratch :dry: So my question is, how can i import all my extensions to my new elastix server the easiest and safest way? Thanks for any answer i may get. Thanks!

dicko

there is a freepbx module available on their site called bulk extensions that should work both for importing to Elastix, and maybe for exporting from trixbox(don't know, but whatever they say it is based on freepbx, so maybe).

This will achieve 90% of the work, just the trunks and routes to hand do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino