message waiting led Polycom 321

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by chito, May 14, 2010.

1. chito

Does any one know where to enable the message waiting led on the Polycom 321 Ip phones. Sip.id version 3.2.3

2. chito

you have to enable it in the sip.cfg file, but do remember to make it read only after you have edit it otherwise elastix endpoint manager will overwrite it when you provision a new phone.

Best you can use Notepad XML editor to make changes to the sip.cfg. open the sip.cfg go to features and look for messaging feature.2.enable must be 1

3. coryjsanders

check page 220 of the Polycom Soundpoint Admin guide:
    Message Waiting Indicator <mwi/>
    In the following table, x is the registration number. IP 301, 320, 330, 430: x=1-2;
    IP 501: x=1-3; IP 550, 560: x=1-4; IP 600: x=1-6; IP 601: x=1-12;
    IP 650: x=1-34; IP 4000: x=1.
    This configuration attribute is defined as follows

You flip a bit on a line in your sip.cfg file

4. dicko

or better yet, make it permanent and have it stay there when you upgrade the the sip version, but be careful Polycom have been known to slip SIP non-compliant "defaults" (i.e. crap) in, you will have to further edit the vendors file if they do that again:-

sed -i 's/feature.2.enabled="0"/feature.2.enabled="1"/' /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configuration/libs/vendors/Polycom.cfg.php

5. chito

that's the better way to do it, that way it will stay there when you upgrade the the sip version

6. HermanBryand

I'm considering replacing my halogen landscape lighting with LED but worry the light will be too blue/white. I prefer the warm, soft white of the halogens, but like how energy efficient the LED bulbs are. Is there a way I could filter the LED bulbs to make them light less blue/white? Perhaps there's some sort of colored, transparent film to put over the bulb that someone could suggest?