Message Waiting Indicator, Park Location, and BLF

Discussion in 'General' started by blangys, Sep 24, 2009.

1. blangys

I've been working on various iterations of Asterisk and like what I see with Elastix. I setup park locations and had tested voicemail and I got the park location BLF and the message waiting indicator. I then used the endpoint manager to associate the endpoint and that stuff stopped working. I then un-associated the endpoint and they started working again. Can anyone tell me why that is? Thanks! Bob Langys

2. dicko

You probably need to modify the relevant files in:

/var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configuration/libs/vendors

To include your customizations, as if the phone downloads a <mac-address>.cfg file from tftpboot (where the endpoint manager writes them) your local customizations will likely be overwritten.

3. blangys

Re:Message Waiting Indicator, Park Location, and B

Thanks Dicko! That seems like it could be the answer. Any idea how I edit that PHP File? I'll keep checking but if you know...

Bob.

4. blangys

Answering my own...

Use the proper case when you type the file and it edits with Nano...

Duh.

Thank you so much for the direction - it was exactly what I was looking for.

Bob.

5. dicko

If you want a literal answer, I like nano or mcedit depending. (neither included, at least they didn't use to be)

yum -y install nano mc && nano /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configuration/libs/vendors/<the file you want to edit>

If you are asking how to configure a particular piece of hardware, then I suggest you gather all the necessary user/programmers manuals, define how you want the hardware to behave, learn php and and apply your acquired knowledge from steps 1,2 and 3 into the vendor specific file :)