Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet bad with Asterisk??

oshkosh

Hey everyone,

So I wanted to test out to make sure it's not my PC that's causing echo or static on my FXO lines so I took out my Lenovo ThinkCentre tower, put the TDM400p card in it and first installed PIAF. It installed fine, booted up eth0 connected etc. When it asked me to pick what version to install GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE, it would say connecting to http://pbxinaflash.net, then say connected, but then would say failed when HTTP connecting would come up. It would try 10 times no go. From my laptop on the network I could ping the system and from the system I could ping my laptop.

I then formatted and installed Elastix 2.0 for fun. This installed, and I could again ping it and be pinged by it, but trying to access the Elastix web portal wouldn't work, it just would say connecting to http://10.0.0.75 forever and not do anything. I gave up, formatted and installed PIAF again.

With PIAF same issue, couldn't connect to the HTTP server. I went to the console, tried setting up static IP, DHCP nothing. I then connected a USB Ethernet adapter, and it actually worked this time which leads me to believe there's something with the Marvell Yukon driver.

Anyway, I then connected it back to the Marvell Yukon built in NIC again, and set it up for static IP, netmask 255.255.255.0 and Gateway 10.0.0.1 (It kept defaulting to 10.0.0.254) and DNS 10.0.0.1. When I would do this, I could access it from Putty or through the web, however DNS doesn't work. If I ping google.com or anything it says immediately that the address can't be found.

To further complicate things, (and I don't know if this is unrelated), but leaving the server connected to my network causes all computers on my network to lose network/internet connectivity for a few minutes. If I unplug the server it comes back. I can't even access the router gateway then it comes back in a bit.

I think I have a PCI network card at home I might be able to try to see if it does anything, but is there any known issues with this card? I couldn't seem to find anything. What's really odd is that this is the machine I had Elastix 1.6 on when I first started using Asterisk and it ran no problem for a week until I switched to another machine to use as my PBX, so it's very strange. Thanks!

ScottMcKeown

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen