Manual Installation

Discussion in 'General' started by vertika, Jan 6, 2011.

1. vertika

Hi,

I'm new with elastix, and i see it's an interesting asterisk GUI.

I already have asterisk 1.6x installed on my Centos 5.5 server, without any GUI.
    Now I want to install Elastix on that server. I dont want to re-format my server, with installing the Elastix's ISO file, because I still need my installed asterisk.

I've download Elastix source program (rpm(s) file), and I want to install them.
    But when I tried to run elastix-2.0.0-9.noarch, errors came out, and one off them tell me that it need asterisk (Missing Dependency: asterisk is needed by package elastix-2.0.0-9.noarch (/elastix-2.0.0-9.noarch)). Why it's happened ? because I have asterisk running on that server.

What's is the procedure for manual installation (without ISO) ?

I'm really hope that someone can help me with this, because I'm looking forward to try this Elastix.

Thx in advance,

Ikka - Jakarta - Indonesia

2. Lee Sharp

I really do not know any way to do what you want. Elastix changes many things in both CentOS and Asterisk, and I doubt you can do it cleanly. In your case, you may want to just install FreePBX and roll your own.

3. fmvillares

Re: Re:Manual Installation

elastix has no manual scripted install in 2.0 version...it has for 1.6...called centos2elastix....but is really old and needs work...