Make Elastix act like a VOIP provider

Discussion in 'General' started by gonzalezgjaime, Mar 12, 2009.

1. gonzalezgjaime

Hi guys, im looking for a way to make my elastix server act like voip provider, and via a sip or iax trunk, connect another elastix server so this second server can make all the calls to the outside through the first server, i have seen this working before but i do not know how it was done.

any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Jaime Gonzalez.

2. Patrick_elx

The easiest way:you can just create SIP extension on the first server and connect them as trunk on the second server like you will do with any other provider. Your first server then really looks like a voip provider...

The best however way would be to create an IAX trunk between them (see Elastix without tears).

3. gonzalezgjaime

Thanks for your reply, another question:
    if i set up the extension in the 1st server, and in the second server i am making several calls at the same time will the first server allow all those calls to go through via that 1 extension?
    or will it only allow 1 call at a time.

Thanks again for your time.

Jaime Gonzalez.

4. Patrick_elx

I've done the test this morning, yes it will work.
    You can however limit the number of calls in the trunk max channel setting.

5. gonzalezgjaime

Ok, so i made an extension on elastix a regular sip extension, and i have vicidialnow in another box, so in vicidialnow's sip.conf i set up a trunk with the data of the elastix extension and on the extensions.conf i set up the trunk as well with the extension's data and i typed the trunk's name in the dialplan for outbound calls, so the thing is it worked i could use vicidial now with elastix acting a the trunk but the next day it stopped working do i have to enable the register string on the sip.conf file also?? or is there something else i can do?

when i try to make a call from vicidial i see in the cli the call passes to elastix but elastix gives a message that says "the number you have dialed is not in service please check the number and try again" no matter what number i dial it does the same thing, please help.

Thanks in advance.

Jaime Gonzalez.

6. croutezt

I am having the same problem. i have two elastix boxes setup in a lab one as the phone server the other as a dedicated conference bridge. i connected them using a sip extension/trunk. It works at first but i can watch the operator panel the extension that goes to the conference bridge box grays out after a couple of minutes then i get a message saying the person you are calling is unavailable.

7. elkabong

If you wish to make Elastix operate as a billing server for providing VoIP services you can use A2Billing which is already built into Elastix.

A2Billing will allow you to provide Callback, Calling Card, Regular Voip Services and Wholesale Termination for other Asterisk based systems such as Elastix/FreePBX/Trixbox/PBX in a Flash and SIP devices and Gateways.

Here is a rough guide of what needs to be done:

1. Create your Providers (SIP/IAX2) Trunk in Elastix as normal.
    2. In A2Billing your Trunks would be the ones you created in Elastix.
    3. You have to create Call plan and upload your rates.
    4. Edit the /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf file and add "#include extensions_a2billing.conf" to the top.
    5. Edit /etc/asterisk/sip_custom.conf and add "#include additional_a2billing_sip.conf" so that Elastix can pickup your A2Billing customers.
    6. You would create the customer accounts in A2Billing and assign the appropriate callplan to them.

Hope that helps.

regards,

Elkabong