Make a point to point conversation

Discussion in 'General' started by lerry, Mar 8, 2011.

1. lerry

Hi to all! I'm a completly newby of the VOIP world, i'm sorry if i ask for something obvious or trivial..

Then, this is my question: i know that SIP server act as controller for the initialization of the conversation, but after that all the traffic is between caller and called. Elastix can act like that? And if yes, how?

I created two SIP extension to make some test, but when i sniff the packages i see that all the packages is routed trought the server and not directly to the other end-point.

I'm using Spark 2.5.8 to make and receive call, Openfire 3.6.4 and Elastix 2.0.

Another problem, when i end a conversation the status message remains in "on phone".

Third question, when i try to connect from internet (and not intranet) SIP plugin of Spark won't connect (ports are correctly rotued), but i think this is realted to the first problem.

And my last question, when i use the "call" button in Spark, it have a strange behaviour: the servers first make a call to the caller and when the caller answer starts to ring to the called. Why?

thanks for your help!

2. fmvillares

first of all wellcome to the voip world
    2nd elstix is based on asetrisk, asterisk as SIP PBX works in centralized form by default....not using reinvites (signalling between server and clients and sound between clients)...but it could be used in reinvite mode...look in www.voip-info.org...
    the rest of the errors or behaviours are not familiar to me as spark is not widely used as softphone in any of my customers or clients