Maintenance Question

Discussion in 'General' started by rs232c, Feb 26, 2010.

1. rs232c

Since I did not get a reply, let me restat my last question.

1) If I wanted to save my recorded calls to a different drive, where would I set that (monitored, voicemail, etc)?

2? If I reinstalled Elastix, how would I sync up these calls with the new installation?

3) Where does Elastix save system backups to (so I can apply them when I reinstall)?

Thank You.

2. ramoncio

Hi rs232c,

1.- Make a symlink or put it into your fstab using --bind option

mv /var/spool/asterisk /var/spool/asterisk.original #just in case you want to keep this
    ln -s /mnt/newhardrive/asteriskspoolfolder /var/spool/asterisk/

or put it into fstab with the options
    none defaults,bind 0 0

2.- same as 1

3.- /var/www/backups or /var/www/html/backups depending on your Elastix version.

3. rs232c

Thank you. I implemented a poor man's backup for now of a tar file to replace all but the information that is mine. Not the best solution but we'll see.

4. ramoncio

I didn't understand well what you wanted to do, I thought you just needed to keep your monitoring files in another hard drive.

You could have cloned your whole hard drive using clonezilla or mondoarchive.
    Clonezilla is easier, like Norton Ghost, but you need to stop the server.
    Mondoarchive is a cleaner solution, you don't need any downtime and it can make a bootable iso to recover your whole hard drive into a new one, but sometimes it can be a little more tricky.