Mail Server Settings

Discussion in 'General' started by cheeks, Oct 24, 2010.

1. cheeks

i am so totally confused with email that i can cry.

i am using elastix 2.01

all i am trying to do is get my local elatix users (using roundcube as client) to be able to read their emails by getting their emails downloaded from a remote mail server using imap or pop3. now how in heavens name do you do this???? i am able to send email but i cannot download remote email from another server to the local elastix server.

i now have created 5 domains on the elastix box and i cannot seem to delete any of them.
    how do i delete the domains that i created on elastix??

please help the totally confused noob :blink:

2. cheeks

no takers?

i have installed vtiger 5.20 and all works ok. i can get all the email i want using vtiger 5.20 as it has an interface to download imap or pop3 from external email accounts or from my local centos mail server. no problem there.

is there a way in elastix 2 that i can display the emails on the dashboard for the users and or by using the roundcube client?

any help greatly appreciated :)

3. LaFong

You can edit these settings in /var/www/html/mail/config/main.inc.php:

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'mail.mydomain.com';
    $rcmail_config['mail_domain'] = 'mydomain.com';
    $rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = 'mail.mydomain.com';

However, I've found that
    1) It will not display mail messages in the dashboard, just gives a connection error.
    2) It will require you to log into Roundcube separately from the Elastix login.

The Email portion of Elastix is oriented toward having the mail server on the pbx itself, which is not what many/most would want.

4. cheeks

LaFong

thanks for your help, much appreciated

please clarify:

You can edit these settings in /var/www/html/mail/config/main.inc.php:

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'mail.mydomain.com'; = IS THIS FOR MY LOCAL CENTOS MAILSERVER IP AND OR HOST NAME OR REMOTE WEBSITE DOMAIN NAME eg: mail.mylocalcentosserver

$rcmail_config['mail_domain'] = 'mydomain.com'; = IS THIS FOR MY LOCAL CENTOS MAILSERVER IP AND OR HOST NAME eg: mylocalcentosserver

$rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = 'mail.mydomain.com'; = IS THIS FOR MY LOCAL CENTOS MAILSERVER SMTP IP eg: smtp.mylocalcentosserver

sorry for the noob questions

5. LaFong

Your actual mail server's hostname or IP.

It is your domain name only. It is the full domain in your email address. For example, if your email address is cheeks@mydomain.com, you would put "mydomain.com" here.

Your actual mail server's hostname or IP, unless you have a different SMTP relay.

You might also want to edit /var/www/html/mail/index.php. Comment out this error line by putting two slashes, "//", at the front of the line. Otherwise, Roundcube flashes an error.
    Code:
          if (!is_null($webmail_login) && !$RCMAIL->login($email, $webmail_password, $webmail_imapsvr)) {
            //$OUTPUT->show_message('loginemberror', 'error');