Looking for relatively bulletproof fax setup

gbonebrake

I have deployed 4 Elastix boxes at this point, using Broadvox as a SIP Trunk provider. I have had excellent luck with voice, and up until this last server, pretty good luck with fax. Broadvox indicates they support T.38 and I have been using Linksys SPA2102 devices which also support T.38, so I was under the impression I was using T.38. I have since discovered that Asterisk in Elastix is not configured by default to support T.38, I have read many articles regarding the needed settings in Asterisk and tweaks to the SPA2102 to support faxing. I can now get faxes between two of my ATA's to send using T.38 across a WAN connection flawlessly, but I have intermittent issues when faxing to and from the PSTN.

At this point I am pulling my hair out and ready to give up on Fax over VOIP. I understand that the technology is still not quite there, but I had been having good luck with both faxes going into an out of Hylafax via IAXmodem, and with ATA devices so I assumed this install would be similar. I guess I have two questions at this point. Can anyone think of a reason why a 64bit install of Elastix 1.5.2-2.3 would behave differently than a 32bit install of 1.3-2? And second, beyond a SIP trunk for PSTN access and ATA's to connect fax machines, what would be a better solution for a customer looking to support 4 - 5 fax machines with distinct DID's with Elastix? I'm nearly to the point where I think POTS lines would be my best option. If anyone has experience with Fax over VOIP with Broadvox or another vendor I'm interested in hearing your experiences.

Thanks -

Greg

jchallenor

we have the exact setup with the same issue, have you resolved it yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cristian.saiz