long ring

Discussion in 'General' started by veritech, Jan 20, 2009.

1. veritech

I am having a weird problem with Elastix 1.3-2.

I have a fresh install of Elastix on a P4 3GHz, 2Gb RAM, 40Gb HDD, OpenVox A1200P Board with 10 FXO connections.

I have setup the aastra-xml scripts for auto provisioning the phones (36 Aastra 57i's, 3 with sidecars).

When an extension receives a call, either from outside or from another extension, I get a really long ring (about 10-15 seconds), pause, normal ring, pause, normal ring, etc.

I haven't been able to track down the initial long ring. I am running the same version of Elastix at home with a couple of aastra 51i's and I don't have the same problem.

I have read some issues about a bug with asterisk 1.4.22 and some FXO cards, I believe that the A1200 is on the list. I didn't find what the bug was or caused, just that there was a bug in 1.4.22 and some FXS/FXO cards.

Is this problem? Should I wait until Elastix 1.4 is finished or upgrade to a beta?

Thanks

2. veritech

I narrowed the problem down to:
    /aastera/asterisk/incoming.php

I commented it out in the <mac>.cfg file and demo-device-* files, things are working.
    I don't know what the script does, but it seems to keep the phone busy for about 3 seconds (while ringing) while it works out something.

3. Chilling_Silence

Good to know, and thanks for posting back once you found the solution!

+1 to your Karma ;)