Login Welcome Page Info

Discussion in 'General' started by Amphibian, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Amphibian

I know I have seen it in the forum, just can't seem to locate it after several hours of fishing.

On the Login screen, where it says "Welcome to Elastix" I would like to change that to our company name so that it would show something like "Welcome to Hogpog". I believe I would make this change within the index.php file located under var/www/html/index.php, correct?

Next, I don't want to remove the copyright listing, but would like to add a phone number for service contact right under it but am unable to find the .php module or script that adds that to each page. Could one advise where that would be located ? Would also like to add a small png pic like your logo next to copyright and a small png pic like our logo next to our service number, if that is permissible. Would like to make this small change without having to rewrite the whole index.php,

Or, I would like to move the " About Elastix 1.6-12" and "Logout" from up top to down below in the same area as the copyright info so that we could place the service contact number there instead with a little logo pic, if I could locate that one as well. Would like to keep your logo on the left and ours on the right as I think that would balance the page out better.

Thanks
    William

2. Amphibian

Any Idea????

Maybe I asking something I'm not allowed to?

Have had this request from customer to put a contact number on login so that they don't have to hunt for the number to contact us.

Thanks

3. ramoncio

Hi Amphibian,
    I have never done that, but with this command you can find out where to touch:

Code:
    find /var/www/html/ -exec grep -l Welcome\ to\ Elastix {} \;

4. Amphibian

Thank you Sir, I will try that and see what happens.

William

5. danardf

Just to change the translated word into the laguage file.

/var/www/html/language/en.lang
    /*Login to Elastix*/
    Code:
    "Welcome to Elastix"=>"Welcome to Elastix",
    "Please enter your username and password"=>"Please enter your username and password",
    "Username"=>"Username",
    "Password"=>"Password",
    "Submit"=>"Submit",
    "Login page"=>"Login page",
    /*end Login to Elastix*/

6. danardf

To add a phone number, look at the template file .index.tpl on every folder themes/xx/_common.
    Edit this file and modify your line, without deleting the copyright ;)

Regards

7. Amphibian

Will do, Thank you for the info.

William

8. leemoreau

Did anyone find out where this file is? I've looked everywhere!!! If I go to the elastix login page and view page source, it's an actual HTML file, showing all the code, the "Welcome to Elastix!" and everything. I absolutely cannot find where that file is though on the system. I did the search but the only index.html files come up for vtiger :S

9. dicko

leemoreau:

I might suggest that you need to RTFMs a little more (make that a lot), download them to your ipad :) , danardf's replies are explicit, you really need to understand how php and smarty render the html code in Elastix that you see in the page source before you look for files that don't exist.

You are a self confessed newbie, perhaps you should get it all working BEFORE you worry about this sort of stuff, if you break it now you will have to do it all over when you get actually get your hardware installed and working.

(see, I'm back to grumpy, if you want to play with web site coding, then please do, but this is not a forum where folks will hold your hand and read the FM's to you)

dicko

p.s.

as a carrot

grep -r "the string you are looking for" /var/www/html/*

/var/www/html is the "document root" and I will leave it upo to you as what "grep -r" means, the rest is self explanatory. This will get you in the right general area

10. leemoreau

Wow I think someone needs to get out more and stop playing with their computer to much maybe. The person above wasn't able to figure it out. I've figured it out now but the reason I was having so many problems is because when you "View Source" on the website, IE displays it as a whole HTML website. It shows the entire page as HTML, from start to finish. It was that page I've been looking for everywhere, but it seems that everything is in PHP sites, and when you View Source in internet explorer it's just showing the HTML page that it's created itself from the various php files. That's why search would never find anything.

Just so you know, I've read your wonderful Elastix without tears, none of the questions I've posted are in there. I've read it a few times actually. Feel free to point out to me where in there it explains how to edit the PHP files to modify the pages, or how to make a custom user portal and you've got me. Because as far as I can see, it's pretty basic and doesn't cover any of that, hence me posting here.

11. leemoreau

Wow I think someone needs to get out more and stop playing with their computer so much maybe. The person above wasn't able to figure it out. I've figured it out now but the reason I was having so many problems is because when you "View Source" on the website, IE displays it as a whole HTML website. It shows the entire page as HTML, from start to finish. It was that page I've been looking for everywhere, but it seems that everything is in PHP sites, and when you View Source in internet explorer it's just showing the HTML page that it's created itself from the various php files. That's why search would never find anything.

Just so you know, I've read your wonderful Elastix without tears, none of the questions I've posted are in there. I've read it a few times actually. Feel free to point out to me where in there it explains how to edit the PHP files to modify the pages, or how to make a custom user portal and you've got me. Because as far as I can see, it's pretty basic and doesn't cover any of that, hence me posting here.

12. dicko

Although I'm glad I could help you in your last post as I R'eadTFM to you, painful though it was, EWT covers it explicitly, voip-info.org will fill in the blanks. I am not so glad you care to go the self-entitled route. The FM's include FreePBX, http://voiop-info.org, and even google can help you if you are stuck.

E.W.T does not include instructions for you to "self brand" Elastix, why would it? if you want to do that, then provided you keep ethically within the licensing agreement you implicitly agreed to on installing Elastix, then feel free to do that, you however will have to do that "all on your own".

That you don't understand how modern web sites work will probably not help you, and that previewing a page will show what was sent to you and NOT a particular "page" eluded your grasp is probably also going to be a problem for you down-line.

Had you actually researched anything you would have found that:

https://<ip address>/recordings

will give you the age old FreePBX customer portal you look for.

Amphibian "The person above" posted 4 months ago and didn't ask for more help, what does that suggest? maybe he actually read the thread and fixed it all on his own?

p.s.
    IMHO opinion your attitude seriously sucks after I spent an hour or so getting you up to speed on the most basic concepts yesterday, and yes I can chew gum and walk at the same time, I suggest again that you concentrate on chewing gum first.

regards

dicko

13. leemoreau

First of all, IPaddress/recordings is NOT the customer portal, it goes to an empty directory listing. I know how to get to the customer portal, I'm asking how to only show Follow Me, as Elastix shows full PBX or no PBX.

Secondly, you're the one that keeps posting to read elastix without tears on every one of your messages, then tells me to keep reading it to get the answers I want. So I have no idea why it would or wouldn't include how to customize elastix, that's the reason I posted here since the manual doesn't show it.

Finally, this is a community help forum, for the community to help. I never asked for your help on this issue or any of my issues. Last time I checked this was the Elastix community, not "Dicko's Help forum for only advanced users." If you don't know the answer to a question that someone writes, or you feel it's in the manual, then DON'T ANSWER!!! No one asked for your help, just because you feel that you have to reply to every single post that someone writes just to get #1 for post count is entirely up to you. As far as I'm concerned you've just wasted how long writing two useless replies to me when you could have just ignored them and gone outside and enjoyed the nice weather?

Funny thing is all you did yesterday was confuse me! I posted asking how to have 4 analog lines and Voip as the 5th, and all you did was explain how to have 3 analog lines, then voip and then the 5th as analog which is not what I wanted. Then you tell me to figure out how to do it on myself! So sorry but I don't see how you helped me when all you did was interpret how you think my system should work and then post your own reply to it.

14. dicko

I reconsider my original welcome to you, It was a apparently a complete waste of time for me, and for you also by your replies, I regret my efforts, it won't happen again.

That you are still confused after many specific examples, references and encouragements to RTFM from me is your problem and yours alone, very few experience that cerebral disconnect you have after reading and digesting the posts here. And yes I do actually know the answers to 90% of the questions asked here, and yes I believe I answer them correctly.

Call me arrogant if you care, but please don't call me unprepared for your questions or that I will not answer them rigorously, I have even answered your pissy responses, believe us, they have all been asked a thousand times and answered maybe 2000 times, sometimes by me but more often by others, the search button above (if you can type consecutive words correctly) will so verify.

Just in case you missed it, there are more than one FM. I believe I encouraged you to read them all and directly referenced the obvious, apparently you have rejected that encouragement also.

Oh well, go figure it was your request for help, I was the original responder, maybe someone else will read the manual to you more slowly and more appropriate to your own particular dumbed down ability.

That I confused you wasn't my intent, in retrospect and noting your persona, I am not surprised that I did however, As we all have learned you really gotta read and learn this stuff , you haven't even cared to start yet, how will that work for you? Divine intervention perhaps?

As a parting reference

http://www.elastix.org/component/kunena ... g=en#53470

blame your version of Elastix for that.

15. Amphibian

leemoreau,

Yes, I did in fact find the information I was seeking under my first 2 listed above post, I did so by doing the following:

1: I followed the above listed suggestions that were given to me,

2: I educated myself in PHP coding before I asked so That I would know in advance what I was looking for and what to look for when receiving their assistance.

My failure to return here and post a big "thank you" to the gentleman whom suggested the information is totally my failure to acknowledge their assistance and my appreciation for their time and effort to assist me in my request. In no way though, should my failures lead anyone to believe that I wasn't able to figure it out, otherwise I would have requested more information, that's the way it generally works in most forums.

Now that being said and re-reading #1 & #2, your original request (as follows):

"Did anyone find out where this file is? I've looked everywhere!!! If I go to the elastix login page and view page source, it's an actual HTML file, showing all the code, the "Welcome to Elastix!" and everything. I absolutely cannot find where that file is though on the system. I did the search but the only index.html files come up for vtiger"

by it's wording alone shows why you didn't find it. You are in fact correct that EWOT does not directly state where you can find this code,why would it? Elastix developers and owners are not going to outright show you how to change up everything they have worked so hard on and spent so much of their time and money in developing cost just so someone can easily take and put their name on it and run with it.... But, it does in fact (as Dicko stated) describe how Ealstix is coded and anyone with a minor understanding of PHP and Smarty can figure it out. I actually had asked for the assistance before I had done any searches in the forum or searching for the actual code because I was being lazy and thought that since I had just finished and completed a 60 hour week of code programming someone might just tell me how to do it. MY BIG MISTAKE, I SHOULD HAVE NEVER GONE THERE, SHOWED MY IGNORANCE & LAZINESS. THE ONE THING THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE WITHIN FORUMS LIKE THIS.

Although Dicko may have been a little "rough" with you in your opinion, he did state it in a straight forward manner and a lot better than some would have including me. As I said, your question by the means of the way you worded it automatically says you don't have any programming or web development experience, or, you just don't phrase questions very well. Had you put some time in searching this forum you would have found how to do this, I know because I found several posts after I had completed coding changes on what I needed done. Dummy me, hu?

Unfortunately no one on here is going to help if you are not willing to at least study and research before you ask. This is an all volunteer assistance group, not a educational class room or a "provide it since I'm lazy and don't want to" group either. Read some of the usual common post and you will see what I'm talking about. People asking the same question over and over and over. If most of the people asking questions would read the EWOT manual, search the forum posts and do the google thingee, there would probably be 80% less post and hogged up data storage space used, and most importantly less post to have to dig through, but that only happens in a perfect world.

Now then, if you can tell me what it is you are trying to do, why you want to "modify" the welcome screen, and, promise not to remove the copyright stuff I will attempt to lead you in the right direction on where you can find this info, if and only if, you don't violate any copyright requirements.

Amphibian

16. danardf

Hi Everybidy :)

There, it's dicko. It's a very good guy but with his temperament, like everyone.
    More for some. :laugh:
    Bonjour my old dicko. ;)

It's true and false in same time.

We can help the guy, and talking about EWOT in same time. This is not a good thing to talk about EWOT.
    Every guy could make some effort about the Search, no? It's not a good thing to give the solution if the guy not doing some efforts. Not true?
    The forum is a wide database knowledge, so .... use it.