log of calls record...

Discussion in 'General' started by steve76, Mar 12, 2011.

1. steve76

Hi,

I saw that Elastix can display the list of calls made.

Now, let suppose that I have the users : 204 and 206

- Can they connect on the WebGui ( with their own login and password ) and see the details of their own calls ?

Thanks and regards,

Steve

2. fmvillares

yes they could serach for ARI in freepbx

3. dicko

To expand on fmvillares answer, If you can't login with your extension and voicemail password at

Code:
    https://<your_IP>/recordings
    then Elastix have again successfully removed the very functional "Asterisk Recording Interface" from their forked up version of FreePBX.

From there you can see, download,listen,delete and forward your messages, you can also see all your calls inbound and outbound even if not recorded, You can also set your forwarding and email preferences

The Call reporting module in "embedded" Elastix ( ;) to the cognoscenti ) is as yet generally unusable and does not do anything like what ARI does. don't waste your time there until they fix it.

JM2CWAE

dicko

4. jgutierrez

steve76,

If you want to have such detail per extension, you will need to do the following:

1. Create a group, lets call it: custom-report
    System -> user management -> groups -> create new group

2. Assign permissions to the just created group: custom-report
    System -> user management -> group permision -> select from the list the group called
    custom-group -> click on the show button -> select voicemail, monitoring -> press the
    save button -> go to next page and select CDR Report -> click the save button

3. Create a username and assignt it to the group that you have created: custom-report
    System -> user management -> users -> create new user -> fill login information
    (choose the correct extension for that user, this is the trick, previous selected
    modules will ONLY show information for the selected information) on the group field
    choose custom-report -> click on the save button. Repeat this step for other users
    (using their own extension)

4. Login as an user, and thats it, you will only see information related to that extension.

5. dicko

jgutierrez:

So we can all assume the Elastix version is now suddenly fixed, fully functional and bug free?.

6. jgutierrez

I dont understand your question/comment.

Please try the procedure, and reply back if you have any issue.

If so, append a picture and a brief explanation of the issue, a way to reproduce it, and how it should work.

7. dicko

It should be at least as functional and bug free as the "Asterisk Recording Interface" incorporated into FreePBX since it's inception as asterisk@home. Perhaps you should try it, you might then understand my comment, it's all about function and ease of use, the Elastix version lacks both.

If one cares to reinvent the wheel, it should at least be round. Please refer to the bug-tracker link below for unresolved issues as to filtering and veracity of information returned in that module.

(you really don't want a picture from me :) )

8. jgutierrez

lol
    So what is the issue?
    To which bug case are you refering? Please give us complete and accurate information, else I wont be able to help.

9. dicko

Thank you jgutierrez for your offer to help us all, my response:

I understand that you can't help, I really don't need your help. Basically the Elastix module is largely still broken, so polishing turds should be left to Japanese schoolboys. I personally don't use it as it doesn't work to my satisfaction , ARI has and will work for 99.9% of anyone's needs, including steve76, it has done so for years, it is basically IMHO vastly superior to the Elastix offering, all you PaloSanto guys have to do is stop removing it, then each and everyone can use the one that "works for them". On that choice I'll give you 5:1 odds on the result that it will not be the Elastix version.

Please refer to Paul Estrella or Edgar for their view of the ongoing critique of PaloSanto's burgeoning problems by some of us contributors.

Ultimately steve76 has two options, We can but await his decision as to which he chooses as to usability and function.

I will however re-iterate. "have you tried it yet" you have as yet neglected to answer that question. Without that input your responses are very one sided and suspect. I understand you are owned by "the man", I just ask that you try the alternatives, if you honestly believe that Elastix' solution is superior after that effort then I will accept your position if you can justify it. We await your response . . . .

regards

dicko

10. jgutierrez

steve76,

Let me know if you have any issue.

11. dicko

Just a personal comment but maybe jgutierrez might need to stock up on his "Depends" over the next few weeks starting on April the 0th. . . .

12. jgutierrez