Local directory and Tftp permissions

Discussion in 'General' started by Joshoua, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Joshoua

Hello.
    Beginning, I have been using Elastix for 4 months now and I think it's absolutely brilliant.
    I have started from scratch, and I have come to a point that I have set up an enterprise environment with Polycom phones and a 4 BRI card, where everything works perfectly.
    There is one small configuration problem for which I can't get the solution.
    Tftp server works OK.
    When my Polycom phones boot, they pick up a file called 00000000-directory.xml in which I keep a master list of the company's phone contacts.
    On the sip.cfg file, I have enabled the dir.local.volatile feature, which allows the phone to keep a local copy of the directory and upload it (if there are any changes) to the tftp server every 5 seconds.
    This means that, when I add a contact to the phone directory, the phone will go to the tftp server, create a <macaddress>-directory.xml file and save it there.
    When it restarts, the phone will search for the file it has created and download it.
    My problem is that, from what I see, the phones cannot write on the Tftp server. At lease that is what I think, since I can't find any other explanation.
    I add a contact wait and restart the phone so that It can upload the file, but it does nothing.
    I really can't go and create a different file <mac>-directory.xml for each and every phone, there must be a way that the phone can do it by itself.
    Does it have something to do with tftp permissions? The directory is 777 by the way.
    Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. dicko

you need to add -c (for create)
    to the /etc/xinitd.d/tftp server arguments

3. Joshoua

Thanks man!!!
    That did the trick. :)