Lizenz Frage / License Question

Sergej31231

Community Member
Hi, ich habe mir Elastix 5 heruntergeladen und ausprobiert. Bin sehr begeistert. Wenn ich richtig verstehe ist elasix5 nun 3cx FREE. Nun bin ich verwirrt wegen der Lizenz. Beispiel:
Im Vergleich der 3cx Distributionen steht dass z.B. Warteschlangen erst in der kostenpflichtigen PRO Version verfügbar sind, jedoch kann ich problemlos Warteschlangen und Wartemusik in meiner FREE Elastix5 Debian Distro anlegen und benutzen.
Genauso verhält es sich mit den anderen Features. Die Software ist sogar drauf und dran mich mit Office365 synchronisieren zu lassen. Wie ist das zu verstehen?
Ist es so dass die Elastix5 wirklich Free ist, und man kann auch nicht versehentlich gegen die Lizenz verstoßen oder muss man es selber wissen z.B: ich Benutze in Elastix Warteschleifen, daher muss ich mich selbst drum kümmern, eine 3cx PRO Lizenz zu besorgen und die Software weist mich nicht darauf hin?
Bitte um Aufklärung
Danke !

Hi, I downloaded and tested Elastix 5. I am very excited. If I understand correctly, elasix5 is now 3cx FREE. Now I'm confused about the license. Example:
In edition comparison of the 3cx distributions says that e.g. Queues are only available in the paid PRO version, but I can easily create and use queues and music on hold in my FREE Elastix5 Debian Distro.
It's the same with the other features. The software also seems to allow syncing with Office365. What does that mean?
Is it so that the Elastix5 is really free, and you can not accidentally violate the license or you have to know it yourself eg: I use in Elastix queues, so I have to take care of it myself to get a 3cx PRO license and the Software does not point me out?
Please to enlightenment
Thank you !

Yeison Camargo

Staff member
Hallo Serge,

Vielen Danke für deine nachricht. Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut also können sie das Nachrich im English scribben?

Sergej31231

Community Member
Hi, I downloaded and tested Elastix 5. I am very excited. If I understand correctly, elasix5 is now 3cx FREE. Now I'm confused about the license. Example:
In edition comparison of the 3cx distributions says that e.g. Queues are only available in the paid PRO version, but I can easily create and use queues and music on hold in my FREE Elastix5 Debian Distro.
It's the same with the other features. The software also seems to allow syncing with Office365. What does that mean?
Is it so that the Elastix5 is really free, and you can not accidentally violate the license or you have to know it yourself eg: I use in Elastix queues, so I have to take care of it myself to get a 3cx PRO license and the Software does not point me out?
Please to enlightenment
Thank you !

Yeison Camargo

Staff member
Hello Serge,

Please find my comments:

1. Elastix 5 is now 3CX.
2. In version 15, we allowed to have queues for the free version however this changed in version 16. So, you should not be able to have queues in version 16 when using the free version
3. So, if you say that it is working for you I will have to check it. Could you please tell me how did you install Elastix 5?

Sergej31231

Community Member
Hello Serge,

Please find my comments:

1. Elastix 5 is now 3CX.
2. In version 15, we allowed to have queues for the free version however this changed in version 16. So, you should not be able to have queues in version 16 when using the free version
OK thank you !
3. So, if you say that it is working for you I will have to check it. Could you please tell me how did you install Elastix 5?
I used debian-netinstall-3cx ISO, that I downloaded. I virtualized that in Hyper V. My Elastix Version is:16. I found the Problem: I have a One-Year Pro License (Test-Version). But how to get FREE ? In the https://customer.3cx.com Portal there is an internal Serever Error on IIS, when I klick on Keys

Sergej31231

Community Member
Unforturtunately I have still some questions on license. Could you help me?

I tried to register on elastix homepage to get a serial and also with the same and with new mail addresses on your link mentioned before (3cx Free https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-phone-system/ ). In both cases I got a Professional License valid for 1 month.
->What will happen after the trial time period expired? Will I have the free version or will the software be blocked?
->There is no possibility to get free license key (How could I get one?)
->There is also no possibility to get free license key after login into 3cx portal
->3cx partner forgot to call me :D (I don't want to bother him)

How is the free license key like? (I know/suspect that some PRO oder ENTERPRISE Features like CallQueues and MusicOnHold must be blocked logically). I really would like to know what is possible with the free version.
->Is the free license key/version valid/allowed for commercial use?
->Is the free license key unlimited in time period?

Yeison Camargo

Staff member
Hallo Serge!

Please find my comments:

1. After the trial period it will be automatically converted to the free version
2. That is the free one. The only thing is that because the feature in standard are different to the ones in PRO as a marketing strategy the system offers a free PRO for 1 month so the customers can test all the feature before it goes to the free licence.
3. I think there is a way to get free licences as partner however this is something handled by the sales department (and I am in the technical department) so you will need to contact your sales representative to get a better answer.
4. In the following link you can find the comparison between licences:
5. For those questions you will better need to contact your sales representative.

Sergej31231

Community Member
Thank you so much !
But is the free version allowed for business use?
I would like to host my own free version for business / commercial use and sell payed PRO versions to customers. I has been tiptel partner but now very surprised of 3cx. This is my plan. I have a telephony project in july and i consent to try 3cx PRO for the customer

MAM

Staff member
Thank you so much !
But is the free version allowed for business use?
I would like to host my own free version for business / commercial use and sell payed PRO versions to customers. I has been tiptel partner but now very surprised of 3cx. This is my plan. I have a telephony project in july and i consent to try 3cx PRO for the customer
Hi @Sergej31231

The free version is free forever for up to 8 simultaneous calls. You could also become a partner and get an NFR licence for up to 32 SC. You can find more information here: https://www.3cx.com/partners/

If you become a Partner you can generate free licences for your customers straight from the Partner Portal.

After the 1 month trial, the PRO licence will be converted into a standard edition licence but you can still use it, as I told you is free forever.

Let us know if you have more questions!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orbit114