Linksys SPA 942 and 922 voicemail led

coyoty

Hi to all

I have moved my pbx from Trixbox to Elastix but there is a feature that doesn't seem to work on Elastix.

On trixbox whenever i had a voicemail message the led on the phones (Linksys SPA 922 and 942) would blink notifying the user that there is a message. On elastix although i have run the "Endpoint Configuration" and all the phones were configured correctly without any incidents the led doesn't blink and the users don't know that they have messages.

Is there anything that can be done about it?

Thank you!

Chilling_Silence

I had that too recently but didn't pay much attention, was in a rush, but I believe that the setting in the phone settings was set to "NO" for showing the Voicemail status.

Under Ext1 in the WebGUI for the phone, I think it was called "Message Waiting". Check it :)

coyoty

Chilling_Silence said:
I had that too recently but didn't pay much attention, was in a rush, but I believe that the setting in the phone settings was set to "NO" for showing the Voicemail status.

Under Ext1 in the WebGUI for the phone, I think it was called "Message Waiting". Check it :)
Yes you are correct!

Check this out though... i change the option on the phone to "yes" i press "submit all changes" on the phone. Everything seems to be fine. I make a call an i leave a message but the led is not blinking. I go back to the gui of the phone and see that the option has changes back to "no"... How could this be happening????

I even removed it from the "endpoint configuration" in case the pbx is forcing any settings to the phone but that didn't help either.... I am pretty sure that it is this setting but it won't stay on "yes"....

Any ideas??

agidi

hmm interesting

I have several SPA942s working fine with voicemail. (the problem here are the users no deleting them, but that's another story)

My 2 cents.

Check your phone's firmware to a recent one.
Reset a test phone to factory defaults Options 14

On the Elastix Ext gui, on the particular ext, make sure the last line called maibox reads 202@default
where 202 is your ext number. Enable VM, submit, reload.

Configure the phone with the endpoint manager.

test

hope this works.

A.Gidi

Chilling_Silence

coyoty,

Same thing was happening to me, I'm yet to find a fix short of mucking around with the firmware versions. I know it *does* work, as it has for me in the past, but just isn't now for some reason. I wonder if it's a provisioning issue?

coyoty

I am bringing back to life this subject as i haven't been able to find a solution and i am preety sure that it isn't the phones fault.

Here is what i did so far:

I have tried different software versions on the phone. None seemed to solve the problem.

I deleted the extension - reset the phone then recreated the extension.

The phone keeps the option "message waiting" to "yes" as long as it is not registered (in all software versions)it will automatically reset it to "no" the moment it registers. As if Elastix is forcing this option.

This happens on all 6 Linksys Spa 922 and on 2 942 (these are all the ip phones registered)

I am getting pretty sure that Elastix is responsible for this because i have also tried a Grandstream GXP 2000 and it doesn't display the envelope on the screen when there is a message on voicemail.

Anyideas on anything else to try??

Thank you all for reading this

6string

After initially provisioning the phone
Go to the provisioning page in the web gui of the phone and turn off provisioning
Then go to the Ext page and turn the Message feature back on
Then save the changes
Its not a perfect fix but it will keep the endpoint configurator from changing the setting

coyoty

Hi

Thank you for the reply

I did as you described but the pbx is still forcing the "no" option.

Are you sure that it works on your system? I have tried that on both software versions 5.1.15(a) and 5.2.8

I think that a solution through elastix should be found since it doesn't seem to be a phone problem...

Any other ideas? i am getting pretty desperate here... People forget to check their voicemail because of a simple setting...

dicko

Make sure your voicemail setting in the FreePBX extension is default not device, get rid of all the "vertical provisioning" codes on the phone, Asterisk will handle them.

dicko

coyoty

Hi

You are correct. On the pbx the values on the field "mailbox" were e.g. 106@device and i changed that on 106@default.

AND THIS SEEMED TO DO THE TRICK!!!! once i have changed that value all the phones kept their settings and the led lit as well as the message icon on the display.

Also on the phones GUI there is a tab "Provisioning" i set everything there to "No" and cleared all the values from the rest of the fields.

On the tab "Regional" there is a subcategory called "Vertical Service Activation Codes" and i also cleared all the values from those fields as well. I haven't been able to find anything called "vertical provisioning" (unless i am not understanding something here)

Anyhow. I think that as a solution the first thing to do is change on the pbx, on the extensions the field "mailbox' from @device to @default. If that doesn't work change everything on the provisioning to no..

Thank you all for looking up to my problem!

idgarcia15

Hello Mr. dicko

I am a new Elastix user, but i don't really know how it works, a have a SIP Account and I'm trying to use it at elastix but I don't know how, I mean I can't set my SIP Account as trunk, would you please help me?. I can't set up a softphone eithe.

I appeciate your valuble cooperation.

dicko

Welcome idgarcia15:

You are in the right place, just download and read "Elastix Without Tears" in the download section, it will answer all your questions

dicko

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr