Linking two Elaxtix boxes

Discussion in 'General' started by DesolationAngel, Apr 12, 2011.

1. DesolationAngel

Hey everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Please consider the following. I have set up two Elastix peers on two separate networks on different sides of the country. One of them is in full production and has an array of customers/providers and downstream ITSPs. All is working as expected there.

What I would like to do is take the second Elastix device and effectively do the same thing with it as the first device but with one difference. Instead of having an ITSP configured as a downstream carrier in the second box, I'd like to have it peer with the first box and use its configured carriers. Something to the effect of this below.

[inbound customer/route]->[Elastix1]->[PSTN]->[Elastix2]->[E2Outbound Route]

I've attempted it several times but I cannot seem to get the dialed numbers right. Each time I make a call, I can see it ingress the second elastix box but the dialed number is presented as "s" (normal response when no dialed number is found in the context). Subsequently the call fails here and I get increasingly more frustrated.

Any Ideas? I am temporarily remote from the physical devices so I cannot provide full .confs but I can try my best to replicate the config as requested.

Thank You Kindly,

Angel

2. jgutierrez

Paste the configuration that you ave tried for both servers (IAX2 trunks), and the CLI output (asterisk -r) for both servers when trying to call