Limit inter. calling abilities to specific ext?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mathiau, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Mathiau

Hello my Elastix geniuses!

yet another question! (surprise surprise)

Is it possible to have the system only allow outgoing international calls be limited to specific extensions?

Basically we don't need certain departments being able to dial internationally.

2. dicko

You can build an outbound route for International calls (make sure you don't allow them out through any other outbound route) and add a "Route Password" to that trunk.

For the "humility impaired" bosses, Then I suggest you could look into "custom-contexts" a third party add-on to FreePBX, it is not without it's complexities though and you will need to put on your thinking hat.

3. Mathiau

doh! my head already hurts..LOL i haven't had a day off in 8 days, setting up this new office, why cant things be easy sometimes :)

using the outbound route, with the password, would that need to be entered into the phone when someone wishes to make a phone call, or could i program it into the neccesary phones?

4. dicko

E.W.T. again?

But yes you would have to enter it on the phone, you could of course use a custom-context to dial that password for you, Yossarian :) :)

5. 3vian

There is a freePBX module that does this fairly well. Google Outbound Permissions