Limit extensions to dial to specific numbers

Discussion in 'General' started by tommy36, Oct 7, 2009.

1. tommy36

Is there a way to limit an extension from dialing to numbers other than predefined one(s)?

2. Patrick_elx

you just create a route for these fixed numbers, the others will go to another route that will be denied or password restricted.

If you just want to restrict some extensions, I would suggest the freepbx optional module 'custom context'(read EWT or search this forum for more info on this module).

3. Richard

I used to use the 'custom context' module but the only problem is that is is not supported by FreePBX and everytime there is a small upgrade the 'custom context' breaks. :(

Even though I loved it, I had to stopped relying on it.

Richard

4. Bob

Bob

Tommy36,

Have a look at this current thread....
    http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 3&id=39212

Like Richard, I didn't mind the custom context, but as he mentioned, it failed on certain upgrades of freepbx modules. My main concern was the time to either resolve the issue, or wait for an update to come out.

I looked at the route permissions, and so far I have been using it and has never broken, survives restores etc, and I believe less intrusive than the context module.

You would use it to limit the extension to one route only (or a couple if you need to), and on that route, you set the numbers that that you want that extension to dial only...

Regards

Bob

5. Patrick_elx

Strange.

I'm using custom context for the last year and half, and despite many freepbx upgrades (minor or major), it never broke.

The only problem I have with freepbx, is when a yum update from elastix repos want to 'upgrade' my system to an older version than the one I have already on my system via the freepbx updates.

Since, all my yum upgrades are using the --exclude=freepbx* to make sure I'm not breaking it.