language file

zodehala

where are elastix langugae file.

jr_oblika

/var/www/html/lang/xx.lang

zodehala

thanx for your reply

i transleted it fully main menus is translated but others is not translated for example text in PBX > Feature Codes still english

rafael

That is because under PBX menu you are actually using Freepbx I believe the files are under:
/var/www/html/admin/i18n

If you update thos files don't forget to contribute those changes to the FreePBX project so that it would be available on elastix future versions.

Best Regards,

Rafael

chocho

Hi Rafael,
If the languege exist how can be changed?
I also make a feature request in Elastix bug tracker about this.

rafael

chocho said:
Hi Rafael,
If the languege exist how can be changed?
I also make a feature request in Elastix bug tracker about this.
I guess you mean the freepbx language. Since Elastix 1.1 when you change the language for elastix it would change the language in FreePBX. If the language exists in Elastix but not in Freepbx then English would be the default language for FreePBX.If this does not work for. At the moment it is not fully functional because only the left menu of the embebed freepbx is transtalted to the desire language. We are working to improve this and might be ready for 1.6

Regards,

Rafael

chocho

Yes, that was my question.
Thank you for this clarification.

zodehala

Code:
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/it_IT/LC_MESSAGES
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/ru_RU/LC_MESSAGES
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/hu_HU/LC_MESSAGES
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/pt_PT/LC_MESSAGES
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/he_IL/LC_MESSAGES
where is english file?

to be able to translate into any language do i regueire to speak RU or De or ES or Hu or PT or FR or HE ?

why elastix is such messy ?

chocho

rafael

zodehala said:
Code:
/var/www/html/admin/i18n/it_IT/LC_MESSAGES

to be able to translate into any language do i regueire to speak RU or De or ES or Hu or PT or FR or HE ?  

why elastix is such messy ?[/quote]

Acutally that code is not develop by Elastix, but integrated to our distribution. FreePBX is an excellent software that works great to configurate asterisk software. Please follow chocho's link and you would find out how to translate freepbx.

Regards,

Rafael

techieg

Unicode Language Support

I am unsure what the Elastix and FreePBX teams are doing about language translations but they sure need to checkout the Unicode project (written in C/C++ and Java) that is an open source language library undertaken by IBM to provide an open source unicode set for the various languages of the world for software development; http://www.icu-project.org/ based on the ISO-639 standard for which you can view the supported languages at the US library of congress; http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php . Seriously you guys need to start thinking outside all possible boxes and make things much better than what it currently is. Sometimes I wish I was a software developer myself so I can do these things, but who knows why I'm not one.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achilont13