karaoke to IP PBX

Discussion in 'General' started by teo, Oct 7, 2008.

1. teo

teo

Hi all,
    I had an idea to build an IVR to give music to other people.
    For example: A call to a public number 2222 and then the exchange will prompt a song without word( just melody ) than A can sing (word) to create his own song ( melody by exchange and his voice ). Exchange record this song and then prompt him the number id of r his song. after that he can call to exchange and dial this number to hear his song or give this number to his friend as gift.
    I'm quite new to elastix and also asterisk. My friend say that elastix can do this kind of job. Could you check if elastix can do this and could you be so kind to tell me how to do this?

Thanks and Best regards,

2. telecomtechnician

Hi there

This is an interesting idea. It could be done through elastix, but first, I suggest that you read and learn more about asterisk and elastix before getting in to this task.
    I can tell you a few things: You have to create a database of the songs without voice (the karaoke songs), you have to link this database with the IVR, you have to tell the IVR (I mean elastix) to play and record at the same time. In other words, you have a lot of work to do. Me and the elastix community can help.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

3. teo

teo

Hi David,
    I'm so glad to receive your quick reply.
    If an expert like you say yes, I think I can start it now in my free time. I have some knowledge about telecom and datacom also (not too much but I hope it's enough to understand your and community guide); but I'm quite new to etalstix. could you be so kind to show me some more detail step to finish this wish.
    For a very beginning I've already download elastik, call center software in this kind. Tonight I will try vmware version for first view. I also think that for first time I can use softphone to try first. If there's some result I will buy hardware (interface card to telecom Co) and try.
    Waiting for your advices.
    P/S: I'm not a lazy guy, but it will save so much time to finish this project if there's a very clear step to step from experts.
    thanks so much.

4. telecomtechnician

Hi there

You can start with this: http://www.elastixconnection.com/index. ... &Itemid=71

Download the book, elastix without tears. Start reading and discover the potential of elastix.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

P.D. Start understanding the basics of elastix and remember that asterisk is beneath, so you will eventually have to take a look at it too.

5. teo

teo

Hi,
    I've downloaded the book already and discover Elastix by vmware version. I'm interested in IVR function, but it seem to be difficult to create a IVR tree. Do we have need special tool or we need to program with asterisk. What is your recommendation lazy book for asterisk?
    Thanks and best regards
    Teo

6. teo

teo

Hi,
    Could you show me where can I start to do something like edit the config file in elastix, asterisk. It's not easy but could you show me where to start and fast learning.
    I have a some knowledge about web programming
    thanks and best regards