IVR with 2 language

Discussion in 'General' started by payamkh59, Jun 14, 2009.

1. payamkh59

hi
    how can we switch between two IVR (for example English ivr and Espanish ivr)
    and incoming user can chose between IVRs

2. gamba47

I never try but maybe you can do and IVR with both IVRs inside, sounds like:

For English press 1
    para español presione 2

Then, when the user press 1 (or 2) you send this to another IVR.

I´m not in home to try this, but later i will try and say about this.

gamba47

3. raj

raj

Yes you can do it, create IVRs first One for English and another for Spanish, and create main greeting as Press 1 for English and Press 2 for Spanish, 1 should go to English and 2 goes to Spanish its very simple.

4. izrunas

When handling different languages, a trick you can use is to set the "language" variable along the way. For example, during the first IVR, when the user presses "1" or it goes to timeout, have the next step in the dialplan be the "languages" where it sets the language variable to "en" or have it go and set "es" for Spanish. After that, you can use a SINGLE dial plan and simply assure that all the proper sound files are in place within the appropriate language directory.

Then, if you want calls to route according to the language spoken by a given extension, make use of sip-aliases for extensions (in FreePBX) or in queues (you'll have to add that to custom)

We used this principle to not only handle language-based call handling, but also to allow us to have dozens of call routes handled identically, but each using its own recordings to personalize per office. The magic comes from maintaining only one dial plan and not dozens of them.

5. rafael

You may also check out "Elastix Without Tears" chapter 12.2

Regards,

Rafael