IVR not working

Discussion in 'General' started by galaxy, Jul 23, 2010.

1. galaxy

It looks pretty intuitive on how to set up IVR. I actually have it working on a Time Condition and goes right into the IVR properly at night time.

I've been reading through the forum and I believe I have it set up properly, but no go.

I have an inbound route from zap channel that goes to a ring group. If there's no answer, it should go to the IVR. The IVR is set so that they can choose to press 1 or 2, and each of those options goes to a voicemail mailbox, as well as a timeout 't' going to the first mailbox.

When I test it, the ring group is called, however on timeout it just hangs up and never goes into the IVR. I never get any announcement played.

2. dicko

then I suggest you look at the asterisk CLI as to what went wrong.

dicko

3. galaxy

Actually, I did look at that first, but forgot to post the results.

It makes it through the path and the confusing part is that it hangs up after ringing the extension rather than going into the IVR:

-- AGI Script dialparties.agi completed, returning 0
    -- Executing [s@macro-dial:7] Dial("DAHDI/2-1", "SIP/2102&SIP/2112&SIP/2200&SIP/2210&SIP/2300&SIP/2310|20|trM(auto-blkvm)") in new stack
    -- Called 2102
    -- SIP/2102-00000001 is ringing
    == Spawn extension (ext-group, 602, 13) exited non-zero on 'DAHDI/2-1'
    -- Executing [h@macro-dial:1] Macro("DAHDI/2-1", "hangupcall") in new stack
    -- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:1] GotoIf("DAHDI/2-1", "1?skiprg") in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,4)

So I'm not sure why the extention exited non-zero to cause a hang-up rather than going to IVR after a timeout.

4. dicko

unless DAHDI/2 goes somewhere (unless a "hotline" or an FXS, then it probably doesn't) then you probably broke it, I suggest you re-examine your dialplan, particularly where you want DAHDI/2 to go to.

dicko

5. galaxy

Thanks, I'll take a look through the dialplan. Haven't actually looked at any "real" ones yet (i.e. in the files), I've only used the Elastix and FreePBX GUI's to generate the dialplan file(s).

6. dicko

from bash

dahdi_cfg -vv

to start

7. galaxy

Ring Groups not working (was IVR not working)

Yep, did those.

I've isolated it that the IVR works, however it appears there's an issue with Ring Groups. After the timeout, it does not do what is intended on the bottom, whether it be IVR, voicemail, ring an extension, etc. Instead after it times out it just hangs up. I've checked and I have the same issue in all ring groups that they don't do as intended after the timeout.

8. galaxy

So, I'm stumped. I'm not sure how to even debug this. I've done CLI debugging, but is not showing me anything I don't know. It appears to either be something with the variable RRNODEST, or that the dial macro has an error and it aborts. I'm not sure which of these is causing the hang up (or if an error in the dial macro would even cause an abort and hang up). Any help would be appreciated...

9. galaxy

Re:IVR not working (solved)

OK, found the problem which I cannot explain...
    I had the 4 DAHDI trunks connected to the central office through splitters to the old phone system. The idea was to make a smooth transition. The old system was configured to not pick up the phone unless one of the old handsets picked it up (no IVR/voicemail).

Well, needless to say, powering off the old system did it.