IVR for conference rooms?

Discussion in 'General' started by hinzinho, Feb 5, 2010.

1. hinzinho

I would like to setup an IVR for all my conference rooms. This way, I can only assign 1 DID number for all my confs. Upon calling the DID, the IVR will prompt the user to enter the conference #. Similar to the conference service from "Global Crossing". Is this possible?

Thanks!

2. danardf

Hi, It's an annouce that you want and not an IVR!
    Please, follow the instruction into Elastix Without Tears.
    You have 2 conferences mode.
    1 - General (Managed by freepbx).
    2 - Custom (Managed by Elastix).

Take the second way.

Into my case, I've one conf general (2222), and the (5555) Custom conf.

So, if the "DID" go to this custom destination (5555), you could enter any conf number.

3. hinzinho

I have checked the EWOT but it doesn't exactly address my question. Here's what I am looking for:

For example, I have 5 conference rooms: 100, 101, 102, 103, 104

I don't want to have a DID number for each conference room. I would like one DID that calls into a IVR and prompt the caller to enter the conference room. If the user press 100, the IVR will transfers the caller to that conference room. If the user press 101, the user goes to conference room 101, etc..

Hope that make sense.

4. danardf

Hi.

Follow the document Elastix Without Tears , and start at the Page 107 and look at the page 112.

With this, you could manage lots of conference room as you want.

Like that, you can create a DID numbre with an incoming route, and going to 5555 if we take the document example.

• - The caller dial your DID, and the 5555 answer.
      - The conference manager say, "please, enter the conference room". (or other)
      - The caller dial 100.
      - The conference manager say, "please entre the code conference". (or other)
      - Et voila.

The difference is that it's not a IVR but the Conference manager that ask which conference I can select. The caller must know the conference room before. Else if it's always the same conference room, you can make an announcement with all informations.

Here, you have only one DID for several conference room.

Be careful, every conference room aren't unlimited! So, you must recreate every conference room, when you need it.

Regards