I'VE SUCCESSFULLY INTERCONNECTED TWO BOXES BUT...

Discussion in 'General' started by striderec, Dec 28, 2008.

1. striderec

Hi everyone, my problem si the following:

Using an IAX2 trunk I created on both sides, I've successfully connected 2 Elastix Boxes located in different countries. Both see the each other as local boxes and all extensions, routes and trunks work seamlessly like if both offices were just one. Problem is.. When a customer calls a local PSTN DID associated to the Elastix Box of the Office #1 and wants to dial an extension that is located in office #2, the IVR responds with "INVALID EXTENSION" Why is that? The idea of connecting two boxes is to balance the workload, the box in Office #1 is very busy while the box in office #2 is almost unused. Also, the idea is NOT to duplicate extension numbers on both boxes. In box #1 the extensions ranges are the 1XXX, 3XXX and 5XXX. Extensions ranges for box #2 are the 7XXX. I want customers who call to the DID of the Box #1 be allowed by the IVR to call the 7XXX extensions and get transferred instead of getting the "INVALID EXTENSION" error. What can I do?

Thank you in advance,

PAUL

2. lfain

Hi,
    You can do the following:
    1. Find the context that freePBX created for your IVR in file extensions_additional.conf. It may be a little bit tricky but I believe you will be able to find it. For example on my PBX:
    [ivr-2]
    include => ivr-2-custom
    include => from-did-direct-ivr
    include => app-directory
    exten => #,1,dbDel(${BLKVM_OVERRIDE})
    exten => #,n,Set(__NODEST=)

2. As you can see each ivr context has a link to usually not existing custom context. In my case it is ivr-2-custom.
    You can create that context in the extensions_custom.conf file and define there dialing to your second box. For example:

[ivr-2-custom]
    exten = _7XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/MySecondPBX/${EXTEN})

3. Reload dialplan in the Asterisk CLI:
    dialplan reload

That's all.

3. striderec

Hi there,

I figured out I had to make some tinkering in the extensions_additional.conf file but guess what? I was doing manual updates to that file even when the comments say that they should not be made over that file because FreePBX will overwrite it and that is VERY true, I've had to manually add an "include =>" line that fixed my problem but with your SUGGESTION I will better add that "include =>" line in the extensions_custom.conf file under the [ivr-x-custom] section so the changes in my dial plan won't be lost every time I make a change, besides, your solution sounds moer logic than mine. I included the outbound route in the dial plan but I think that's not very productive.

Again, thank so so much for your help!

- Paul